PDA

View Full Version : board sensor

leethehunter
12-08-2009, 08:12 AM
having trouble this time with board sensor...13 degrees here and was wondering if this might have some effect on machine...trying to get projects done for Christmas and running out of time....2-3 projects done at a time then some other curve to stop me...please help if you can...Lee

Eagle Hollow
12-08-2009, 08:42 AM
having trouble this time with board sensor...13 degrees here and was wondering if this might have some effect on machine...trying to get projects done for Christmas and running out of time....2-3 projects done at a time then some other curve to stop me...please help if you can...Lee

Lee,

Your machine can do funny things at temperatures below 60 degrees but your board sensor probably just needs to be wiped or blown clean.

Jerry C

mtylerfl
12-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote from your Owner's Manual that came with your machine...

"It is important that the CarveWright be stored indoors in a low humidity environment. Never expose the machine to temperatures of over 110 degrees Fahrenheit for any extended period of time. The machine should not be used in an environment with a temperature of less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure that all exposed metal surfaces on the quick release chuck and bit adapters are well oiled for operation and
storage. "

The manual says not to run the machine in environments lower than 40°F. My own experience has indicated that the machine works best in environments 55°F or higher (I now keep my shop at 65° or more).

Although I have not heard of Board Sensor problems being a result of a cold environment, I suppose it's possible. Like Jerry said, it's likely that it just needs cleaning (scrub lightly with a soft toothbrush). Also, dark-colored wood can prevent the board sensor from working...solution...place a strip of masking tape across the board (from edge-to-edge) where the sensor will travel.

Let us know how you make out.