PDA

View Full Version : making some chips

Matty
06-20-2006, 11:20 AM
I’ve just been making some chips, this has no sanding or finishing except threw a little stain on it.

Want a moon pattern, download and unzip
To import pattern click on pattern tool right click on the category you want the pattern to be in then import.

David M.
06-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Nice, It looks like your getting some defination and detail to your images, how are you doing it, in Corel Draw or are they from something else?

pkunk
06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
That is nice, & I appreciate you sharing. The file .ptn means nothing to my computer. Could you post it in a 'mpc' file or files that 'designer' could read?

Matty
06-20-2006, 07:25 PM
David Ill try to explain the best I can.
http://www.idealmarking.com/carve/3DM.jpg
The best images that I have found to work well with the Carve Wright
Is 3D models. There are a lot of 3D models available for sale and some offered free
by the model creators. http://www.3Dclipart.net is an example of 3D images
for sale. Before going out and buying 3D models, be aware that 3D models cannot
be directly imported into the Carve Wright software yet.

To make a 3D model ready for import into the Carve Wright software it has to be opened
Up in a 3D graphics program that is used for making 3D models. I have looked at
a lot of 3D programs such as Bob Art, 3D image creator and ArtCam to name a few.
The only program that I know of that is cable of doing what is needed to be done is ArtCam and that is at a cost of $8,000 plus $1200 maintenance program. I’m fortunate that I have access to ArtCam at a local design studio after hours. I created the moon in ArtCam Pro.
Once the image is converted in ArtCam to a Bitmap, there is still a bit of work to do
with a program such as PhotoShop or Corel Draw.

My artistic abilities are zero even my stick men look bad, so I’ll have to purchase 3D images or ready made Carve Wright patterns. I know Sheri has invested in ArtCam and
and I for one would buy her Carve Wright patterns, she is an extremely talented artist and her work is outstanding.

David M.
06-20-2006, 07:43 PM
I imported the file unzipped it and my CW software saw it right off.

Matty
06-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Pkunk. try this
http://www.idealmarking.com/carve/im.gif

pkunk
06-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Pkunk. try this

Thanks, as I'm on a Mac, it was a bit different. Got it figured out.

applik
06-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Matty,
I like your carving! And your moon looks great too.

Matty
06-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the info Sheri,
Sorry hear that you have injured your self. Just lay back and let
Reese wait on you hand and foot. Have a speedy recovery

Matty

limelicker
01-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Matty, Thank you very much for posting the details for importing those free images I needed the help also worked fine. This is a new learning curve for me...The CarveWright I do a little woodworking a lot of stained and fused glass but nothing like the CarveWright is capable of Been using Adobe Photoshop for years working on photos and stuff. Got CS2 now..what kind of work are you talking about having to use photo shop for on the ArtCam stuff ? bet you my stickman is worse than yours:) . If its OK I'm going to D/l your moon just so I can have it in my library. It would be nice if they had a place where we could all upload patterns We've made so others could share their artistic talents with others. Pkunk seems like you have had yours for a while I've tried some of you advice a few times already..appreciate your post. have had mine one week now and love it and gonna need lots of advice :-( Thank-you in advance, Gary (limelicker)