PDA

View Full Version : New to CW and need a little help

builder14
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Im new to this machine and i cant quite get it to do what i want.. I put in my board size and design my carve and once i upload it and take it to the machine it cuts the pattern much smaller than I have designed.. what am I doing wrong.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Frederick_P
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Hopefully this tutorial will help to solve your problem:
http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Mar09.pdf

builder14
12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Thank you very much... Only had to read about three lines and I alredy see what I was doing wrong. You advice is very much appreciated.

PCW
12-06-2009, 06:15 PM
You more than likely told the machine to scale the project to the board size. This happens when your board is smaller than what was laid out in Designer.

If you run it again just say no when prompted to resize and answer no to stay under the rollers/yes to center the project on the board. Always make sure your board is at least 7" longer than the project to insure the board stays under the rollers.

AskBud
12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Builder14,
Since you seem to be new to the Forum you may wish to check out lots of info.

Go to my signature, below, and click on the link to the "Download" items.
Enjoy,
AskBud

Ike
12-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Im new to this machine and i cant quite get it to do what i want.. I put in my board size and design my carve and once i upload it and take it to the machine it cuts the pattern much smaller than I have designed.. what am I doing wrong.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know you read the rule and I am not the biggest fan of directing all over the forum and like to give you an answer! You may be busy and not have time to read every post about using the rollers! As you found out you said yes to the rollers as a rule of thumb LHR recommends you add 7'' to your board 3.5" for each side.

That said, I most of the time ignore that rule! (I do use it for my project of month projects) But I have a sign shop and most of my sign blanks are cut to 24" and I hate to waste material! So I choose no to the rollers and they come out fine! I do this for a 12" to a 48" sign. I design the project in the designer to size. Remember if you choose to use the rollers add that 7" in your design or you will have a smaller projects!

All the information is good for learning and I recommend you read all you can! the biggest problem with the machine is us the user! Not reading and learning but learning by doing! I did the same thing you did the first time! I have to admit I am a learner by doing, but this machine is a learn first!

Welcome to the forum and to the carving world and read all you can in design and machine use! Once you get the hang of the designer you will be amazed what you can do!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
They Come

They SEEK

We Answer

They HAPPY...

10 down 5 to go.... Fire Tag Data Entry..... Looks like another 3 AM work day.... I mean NIGHT...

AL

Ike
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
They Come

They SEEK

We Answer

They HAPPY...

10 down 5 to go.... Fire Tag Data Entry..... Looks like another 3 AM work day.... I mean NIGHT...

AL

True that!