PDA

View Full Version : Error trying to carve

Milanth
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I am trying to do my very first project on my CW. I loaded the wood, and followed all the prompts. The machine asked if center on the length of board which I chose. I received this "check tracking roller". At that time I chose to abort and got the following error "Tracking Sensor Fault Error 315". What is my next step?

robbrigg2
12-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I am trying to do my very first project on my CW. I loaded the wood, and followed all the prompts. The machine asked if center on the length of board which I chose. I received this "check tracking roller". At that time I chose to abort and got the following error "Tracking Sensor Fault Error 315". What is my next step?

Reload the project. Make sure that the wood is properly seated. You might have a warped piece that is not completely touching the brass roller. The wood should touch the guide rail on the keypad side. Try the tape method on the edge of the board (underside). The second error is just registering the first error on the card.

AskBud
12-06-2009, 04:20 PM

Your project did not move the Brass roller as it should have, thus, you got the message. The Error after the abort is just a confirmation of that error.

Your board may need masking tape on the botton, where the Brass roller touches. This will give it (the Brass roller) more bite. Your board may be too hard/slick, or have a nick along the surface, and the roller stops. Also, check to see that the O-Ring is in place.
AskBud

Milanth
12-06-2009, 04:32 PM
When it measures the board it rolls it off the sensor about 1 inch.

I checked the board. It is perfectly flat and double checked the measurements as well. Going to check the o ring and try the tape now. Will check back here in a few.

AskBud
12-06-2009, 04:42 PM
When it measures the board it rolls it off the sensor about 1 inch.

I checked the board. It is perfectly flat and double checked the measurements as well. Going to check the o ring and try the tape now. Will check back here in a few.

The board will always (I think) leave the Brass roller as it travels to the back (Motor end). The sensor, under the truck, gets involved in this portion of the measurement as a normal action. You will see the board wiggle as that sensor confirms the END OF BOARD. That sensor is involved on each end, you just notice the Brass roller on the one end.
AskBud

Milanth
12-06-2009, 05:12 PM
You guys are alright! :D It is carving away as I type. I know one thing. I have to get the pattern for the dust recovery for sure before I do any more carving.

Milanth
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks to ya'll I have one successful carve under my belt. The only thing it didn't route the edges. It said there was an error finding edge of board. I will just do that on my router table. This forum needs a place to tell about yourselves and experience etc and your shops too. :) Now I have 13 more plaques to finish by Christmas.

AskBud
12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks to ya'll I have one successful carve under my belt. The only thing it didn't route the edges. It said there was an error finding edge of board. I will just do that on my router table. This forum needs a place to tell about yourselves and experience etc and your shops too. :) Now I have 13 more plaques to finish by Christmas.

Click on anyone's name, and you can see what they entered as a profile. You may enter or update your's as well.
AskBud

fwharris
12-06-2009, 08:03 PM

Milanth,

This might be what you are looking for to tell about yourself and see what others have posted.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=3751&highlight=introduction