PDA

View Full Version : AC Motor Not Working

GTS3
12-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Found what I think to be the problem: AC motor is not working. Does anyone know how much an AC motor cost? Maybe the coils? I really need a parts price list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Digitalwoodshop
12-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I am really busy or I would type out a bunch of stuff to check, but do a search of my posts.... You are looking for Cut Motor Brushes, X Termination Board, and right cover switch.... Posted some in the last week or so....

Use the " " around the search word.... Have only seen one bad motor and it melted a wire... It is something else...

The answer is here...

Good Luck,

AL

dissapointed
12-23-2009, 12:01 PM
I bought a refurbished compucarve and have had nothing but trouble with it. I sent it back to LHR and they kept it for a while and it ran okay for a short while,made a few projects,and now the cut motor has actually burned up.The plastic housing melted on the bottom. I keep the machine clean during and after cuts and now this. Called LHR and a rebuilt motor is all they have for $114.43. This thing is more trouble than it's worth. I guess I got a lemon out of the bunch. I need a new motor,but not at that price.

luckettg
12-23-2009, 01:45 PM
...Called LHR and a rebuilt motor is all they have for $114.43. This thing is more trouble than it's worth. I guess I got a lemon out of the bunch. I need a new motor,but not at that price.

The price is not out of line from what I have seen in the past. It does bother me that all they have are refurbished motors...that sucks. Commutators build up carbon and the dust from previous brushes gets into the windings plus insulation degrades, causing hot spots which lead to shorts, which lead to meltdowns. I do a lot of small motor testing for appliances. Just changing the brushes might get some more run time but usually the motor should be replaced and not with a refurbished one.
Bet you a six pack that those motors are not custom built for LHR/CW and should be available elsewhere if that place(s) can be found. It will be in China probably. I do not want to tear my machine apart, but if someone has a motor out, I would like to have all the information printed/stamped on the motor.
Greg Luckett
Michigan