PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen cabinets ??????

ScottS
12-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Just as the title mentioned can the machine produce glue up able kitchen cabinets? Say a cabinet for dummies?

ScottS

Chief
12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Scot,

I've made cabinets for quite a few kitchens. I wouldn't even try it with a small CNC like the CW. Because you said "glue up", I'm presuming the whole enchilada and you're probably talking either a type of particle board or plywood and most 3/4". The only thing you could make is the upper cabinets. Whatever you use for the lower cabinets would exceed the width the CW can accomodate. If you know anyone with a Festool saw, ask for his or her help. Then it'll be a snap.

Chief

hogiewan
12-01-2009, 11:58 PM
You can, but you'll be glueing up a lot of small pieces after waiting a long time for those pieces. Now, doing some interesting cabinet doors would be worth it, I think

jab73180
12-02-2009, 05:53 AM
the only thing i would use the carvewright for is carving a design or something into the doors.

Eagle Hollow
12-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Me too. I carve drawer fronts and door panels only.

Jerry

Dan-Woodman
12-02-2009, 08:51 PM
You can also drill the holes for adjustable shelves very easily, but it is faster if you have a router jig. You could also make your own router jig with the CW.
later Daniel