PDA

View Full Version : "close the cover"

scamp62
12-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Well tried to use my CW again, and guess what !! have a new problem (god I envy you out there that have so few problems with your machines !) just installed new HD belts on the machine, then I re-celebrated it without so much as a hic-up….wonderful !!!!
I load in a new project 5 minutes after, I select the file to cut …..and…….it asked me to close the cover……ummm the cover is closed, tried it again ….same, same. I can hear the switch click when I close the cover. Any ideas out there ????
As always……THANK YOU !!!!!

hess
12-01-2009, 10:24 PM
take the air to the SW on the KP side and blow

also follow the wire back to the CB and make sure it is in place

still dont work do a senor check pull up the door senor and watch it as the door is closed see what it does or does not do

Jeff_Birt
12-01-2009, 10:32 PM
You should also check where the cover wiring harness plugs in. It might have been bumped loose.

gashawk
12-01-2009, 11:47 PM
{I can hear the switch click when I close the cover. Any ideas out there ????}

Isn't there two switches? Try holding them both in manually while doing a sensor check.

dbfletcher
12-01-2009, 11:56 PM
{I can hear the switch click when I close the cover. Any ideas out there ????}

Isn't there two switches? Try holding them both in manually while doing a sensor check.

there are two switches, but if you are facing the 'cover" side.. the one of the left causes the 'close cover" message. The switch on the right controls the cut motor.

Doug Fletcher

scamp62
12-02-2009, 09:37 PM
ya it's the switch :( CW is sending me a new one
thank you all for the input

dbfletcher
12-02-2009, 09:42 PM
ya it's the switch :( CW is sending me a new one
thank you all for the input

You can just connect those two wires together to bypass the switch until you get a new one... just make sure you realize u r bypassing a safety feature

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Just In Case.... The Switch was GOOD....

The Tech may not have asked this.... White Wire to the Center? The plug can go in 2 ways... I know.... White wire to the keypad and all you get is "Close Cover"

I have posted this a dozen times, it should have come up when you did a search on "Close Cover"

I have been away with the FLu

AL:mad:

scamp62
12-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Yap the tech had me shunt the 2 weirs on the switch, and presto !! all was fine !!
But then I got a z truck error……….god this machine hates me, and I have treated it with love and care, rock chuck, HD belts, and a RingNeckBlue Dust Collector, and with less then 25hr on it !! I just want it to work………..

Chief
12-03-2009, 04:25 PM
scamp62,

Consider yourself lucky. I bought a reconditioned CC from Sears. It took 6 weeks to get it and it was anything but reconditioned. Every time I worked on it, I found another problem....... parts missing, extra screw laying inside (?)..... I got it on Sept 17 and so far I've had 2 carves for a total of 3 hours. Want to trade??

I'm now waiting for Sears to call me to say they want to make a trade or I'll give the damn thing back and look for alternatives.

Chief

Digitalwoodshop
12-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I have posted the pictures a few times but you might have a pinched wire on the board sensor cable.... Search it.... Sorry... Busy doing Data Entry of tags... The pinched wire shorts the power buss and GAVE ME a open cover error TOO plus at the same time the Z Data from the encoder went away.

AL

4woodard
03-01-2010, 06:30 PM
where is the picture- I finally have the machine running for the very first time and now the close cover keeps stopping it. please help...

4woodard
03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
where is this? i keep getting a close cover error- very 1st project!!!

c6craig
03-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Try this post....

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13481&highlight=board+sensor

Craig

Kenm810
03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Or this One, http://forum.carvewright.com/images/misc/paperclip.gif (http://forum.carvewright.com/search.php?searchid=1048390&pp=25&page=3#) close cover (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11821&highlight=Close+Cover) Read through the posts

robbrigg2
03-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I haven't read the posts referenced but I can tell you what happened to mine.

One time it turned out to be saw dust in the switch. Simple fix just blow out the switch and it worked.

The second time it turned out to be a loose connection from the switch to the board plug in. Easy fix as well just had to push the cable back snuggly into place and it was fixed.

Hope this helps.

WayneNero
08-28-2010, 08:54 AM
You can just connect those two wires together to bypass the switch until you get a new one... just make sure you realize u r bypassing a safety feature

Doug Fletcher

I had plugged the wire harness in the wrong way, and got that close door error. I re-plugged the harness and the error didn't go away. I removed the switch and tied the black and white wire together and still got the door error.

I checked the cables on the board sensor everything seems fine. I have read a few different things on these boards. Some say its the z-truck sensor others say board sen sensor and some say replace the whole z-truck to the 'new version' which I have yet to read up on.

What can I, or should I do, to get my machine running properly again?

-W

Digitalwoodshop
08-28-2010, 10:03 AM
So lets review.... White wire toward the center of the machine.....

Short the wires... That should fix it... Look for loose other cables.....

What does the sensor data say for cover?

AL

WayneNero
08-28-2010, 11:36 AM
So lets review.... White wire toward the center of the machine.....

Short the wires... That should fix it... Look for loose other cables.....

What does the sensor data say for cover?

AL

The white wire is toward the center.
I shorted the wires together.
The sensor says open.

I will recheck cables and make double sure everything is plugged. I thought I got everything?

-W

Digitalwoodshop
08-28-2010, 12:30 PM
If the Sensor Data or Board Sensor reads ZERO and the Z data does not change from 0000 when manually moving the head then the sensor data cable could be pinched.... I have had that twice from pulling on the cable changing a board sensor.

It shorts out the data buss.

It's like finding on your car that the tail lights don't work.... Then finding the Car Battery is dead..... You can replace the tail lights all day and never get them to light...

Sometimes things like the pinched wire have other symptoms and you need to look at the big picture...

AL