PDA

View Full Version : Loose Bearing

DRIVENSPIKES
11-30-2009, 02:49 PM
A while back i posted about a loose bearing. i need to know what i need to do. i called cw but i got connected to some guy i couldn't understand his english to good. the bearing has always been loose,but i have come to the conclusion that it is causing my cutting bitts to break (they aren't cheap ya know). it is the bearing the screw driver is pointing at . the screw driver is in the bearing screw. Do i basically need to order a new one and the screw. drill this one out and replace it. i can't seem to get it to tighten.

DocWheeler
11-30-2009, 03:20 PM
DRIVENSPIKES,

The machine screw has loc-tite on it, if they put blue on it, use a good Phillips screwdriver to hold it while you turn the bearing-center with a thin wrench.

You can drill the head off and maybe get the screw out of the bearing that way and replace the screw. It should be reinstalled with blue Loc-tite (hope I'm spelling that right!).

DRIVENSPIKES
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
So Am I Gonna Have To Take The Machine Apart Again To Do This. I Some What Tried To Tighten It When I Replaced My Board Sensor Cable. I Appreciate The Advice And Any Future Advice .. Thanks

DocWheeler
11-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I have not tried using a wrench on the bottom-left screw, but I got to the right-bottom one without having the top off. You should be able to do it I would think. Just remember to tighten the bearing/nut and not the screw because the screw is very soft.

If you end up having to replace the screw, you will need to adjust the two right rollers to a looser position in order to install the roller again. I hope that I'm remembering which side has the eccentric bearings correctly - I think the left side are center-drilled.

PCW
11-30-2009, 06:08 PM
If I remember right the left two bearings have a slots on the back side of the bearings for a flat screwdriver so it is impossible to hold the bearing without taking the trunk off.

Here (http://www.carvewright.com/images/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_z-truck.pdf)is a link to the removal procedure.

PCW
11-30-2009, 06:31 PM
I took a quick picture to help you visualise the back of the bearings.:mrgreen: