PDA

View Full Version : z axis stall error code 309

Raymond Lalonde
11-28-2009, 02:41 PM
My CW machine keeps giving the error code z axis stall 309. I removed the black encoder cap from the rear of z motor assembly. Cleaned and moved the clear disk to the centre of the encoders. Is the clear disk supposed to touch the black sensors? It wobbles and touches the black encode readers.

Is the clear disk supposed to wobble? Do I need to buy a new stiff one? can it be replaced and how?

Help!!

jab73180
11-28-2009, 03:21 PM
thats your problem, i had that problem too so i got a new encoder. there is a $40 core charge from LHR. since I installed my new encoder, my machine has been running awesome.

PCW
11-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Raymond,

I just got done dealing with a error code 309 z axis stall. In my case it was the 14 PIN ribbon cable from the back of the Z motor to the Y termination board.

On the back of the Z Motor there is a screw that holds a black cover where the ribbon cable and board sensor plugs into. It is easier to remove the cover to make sure the cable is seated good. Also check the other end of the cable to make sure it is seated as well.

One word of advise unplug your machine before removing and inserting the cable. Could fry your $300.00 controller.:-D

Another thing you can do is a sensor test (0 then 7 on the keypad) go to the Z test and move the Z trunk up and down to see if the numbers are changing. Also check for resistant on the Z travel. It should be somewhat hard to move with the power on.

Raymond Lalonde
11-29-2009, 08:25 AM
thats your problem, i had that problem too so i got a new encoder. there is a $40 core charge from LHR. since I installed my new encoder, my machine has been running awesome.

Will do.

Thank you

Have a great day

Raymond Lalonde
11-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Well guess what. This morning I went to my CW, it was still on from yesterday. I shut it off then turned it back on, tried a measurement, then a bevel and everything OK.

Then tried my piece (butterly box lid) and it works fine. Go figure.

Everything seems OK now. Will let you know how it turns out.

jab73180
11-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I also replaced the FFC cable that PCW is explaining cuz mine was knicked. just another thing to look at.