PDA

View Full Version : bit plate problem

jab73180
11-27-2009, 04:52 PM
hey all, i have a tiny issue with my bit plate. it still works and flips out easily but it seems like the bit is touching down more on the edge than in the middle. i thought when i was first using the machine, the bit would touch the plate more in the middle. now it seems like the truck isnt coming over far enough to kick the plate out. i didnt check the rails yet. is that the only possible problem?? thanx in advance.

Kenm810
11-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Check the cut-motor wires to make sure their not getting in the way of the truck
as it moves in the "Y" axis, also dust and chips can build up in the touch plates spring and pivot.
It might need a good cleaning and a little lube, preferably not oil,
bicycle chain wax works well. Recommended "Jeff B" and Others,
it doesn't make dust and chip mud.

Just a Thought.

Digitalwoodshop
11-27-2009, 06:08 PM
If all else fails do like I do.... Put a piece of foam behind it.... End of problem...

Unless you cut a 15.5 inch wide board it's no problem....

AL

Chief
11-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Ken,

What in the world is "bicycle chain wax"?? I've never heard of it. Do you have a brand and/or store that you would recommend?

Chief

Kenm810
11-28-2009, 08:31 AM
All Bicycle shops stock it, plus most Sporting Goods and some Exercise Equipment stores have it.
It cleans and lubes the metal surfaces, also it doesn't attract dust and chips,
that can build up on and in the touch plate pivot joint and spring.
There are several brands to choose from.

I use Finish Line with a couple Q Tips when doing my general machine clean up.

unitedcases
11-29-2009, 09:31 AM
It also dries very fast. I mean like almost instantaneously! I think I spelled that right.

unitedcases
11-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Most hobby shops carry it as well.

jab73180
11-29-2009, 06:08 PM
it moves very well though, its almost like the truck isnt coming over far enough. i keep meaning to run the truck over manually but keep forgetting to. the first run isnt coming over enough so the bit just barely misses the plate, then the second and third tries hit it just fine. could the bit plate be going past the home position to far???

AskBud
11-29-2009, 06:45 PM
See if this link helps.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=103335&postcount=2

Fletcher
11-29-2009, 07:42 PM
I had the same issue and like Ken said, my truck was hitting on the cut motor wires that should be tucked right into the back left corner of the case(when standing at the control) AND lid.

It's really tight in there so if the wire is just a little out of place your truck will stop short and not push your plate all the way out. My touch-off cycle would just repeat three times and then error out. I pushed the wire right into the very corner everywhere possible and it fixed the problem.

Cheers,
Darrin