PDA

View Full Version : X AXIS STALL 289 w/a twist

ScottS
11-26-2009, 02:09 PM
I have done some reading up and have 180 hours on my machine. I have replaced the x gears 3 times in those 180 hours. I can power down and move the belt both directions without binding. I have tried a few different boards and even a sled. I am getting the error will measuring the board. IT also will throw the error then power off for 5-10 seconds then go to the main menu. That is what is throwing me for a loop. It is # 60 here and I will try in get the shed heated more But I have cranked the head down so tight it errors right away to just barely enough to run the project. I have numerous projects that need to go for Christmas and really don't have the time to do it all by hand. Mean while I want to get it sorted out cause after I run all the projects I will be out of manufactures warranty and on to Sears warranty.
Any Thoughts.

BTW Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

ScottS

DocWheeler
11-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Scott,

Just curious, have you measured your head pressure when it is cranked down?
Three X gears is way too many, something is causing too much energy needed to move the boards.

Maybe there is a sticky substance under the belts near the squaring plate that binds with head-pressure but not in the area where you put your hands to test belt movement.

ScottS
11-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Ken I will look. The 3 x gears have been over the life of the machine. I have warmed the shed up to 68 F and reran board only to get a y axis error 299. I am gonna eat and pull it apart and clean it up real good although I don't think it will help.

ScottS

Digitalwoodshop
11-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Bet you have a rolled up belt..... On the belt under the muffler cut the sand paper belt on the brass roller side between the roller and tray. Peel off a 1 inch strip of sand paper belt.

I could not tell it was rolled over....

AL

ScottS
11-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Bet you have a rolled up belt..... On the belt under the muffler cut the sand paper belt on the brass roller side between the roller and tray. Peel off a 1 inch strip of sand paper belt.

I could not tell it was rolled over....

AL

Al Holy $hit your good. That belt on the muffler slide did rip a small section at @ 100 hours on the cut motor side. And yes it had rolled under itself on the panel side. I tore a section off and will try it again. Thanks so much and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

ScottS

ScottS
11-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Well I cleaned it up and re-ran project . I did manage to get it start to carve 3 times but last 2 its errored out X axis 181. I did go into Panel and look at the x axis counts and when I rotated the brass wheel it did count up and down pretty fast but consistent. No real jumps in the numbers. I have also looked at the o-ring on the wheel and it has not moved. I also ran some tape on the bottom of the sled with no help. I searched and couldn't really find anything else to check other than some early software issues.

Digitalwoodshop
11-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Al Holy $hit your good. That belt on the muffler slide did rip a small section at @ 100 hours on the cut motor side. And yes it had rolled under itself on the panel side. I tore a section off and will try it again. Thanks so much and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

ScottS

Back in the shop after Turkey Day and this made me laugh....:p

As you can see by the picture, it happened to me. And I looked and I could not tell it was rolled over except the other side was further from the end then the other sand paper belt.

90% of the fixes I post are things that I have found myself. Not being there I must guess and ask for you to check. Some would never cut the belt thinking I was full of "Turkey".... Glad you took a risk and DID cut the belt and peal the strip off.

Check the head pressure too.... I have listened to the X measuring a board and released the pressure slightly as I could hear it binding.

Expect that belt to keep creeping until it is replaced.

Over time the back of the sand paper belts collect sawdust and pitch and become sticky and do not slide on the trays as well and can give you a stall. Replacing the belts is the answer.

Look over the teeth of the X gears when you pull the cover on the gear box.

AL

ScottS
11-27-2009, 10:22 AM
I Changed the belt out and open up and clean cut motor,Set head pressureto 75. The machine will measure the sled ok BUt during bit engagement it errors out x axias 181 (this morning), y axias 299(last night), and x axis 289(Yesterday evening). Unfortanly LHR is of for holidays till Monday. Any more thoughts

ScottS

liquidguitars
11-27-2009, 10:31 AM
IT also will throw the error then power off for 5-10 seconds then go to the main menu.

Sounds like a bad flash card or loose connections. Check the FCC cable on the back of the ztruck, also look at all power cables including power supply and house.

Also your Ztruck bearings coud be shot, move the truck left and right up and down, can you see all the bearing move at the same time? try cleaning the bearing with wd40 and a drop of 3N1.

Nice webpage, love the carving bears!

LG

Digitalwoodshop
11-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Could be a bad power supply too like LG said.

AL

ScottS
11-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Well thanks everyone. I went threw the machine again and check cables connections but did not see anything that stuck out. I did do allot more cleaning and now it almost brand new,including the no-work attitude.:mrgreen: I will call carvewright tomorrow after work and hopefully at 5.20pm they will still want to try in help. Otherwise know it needs a new cut motor (Missing magnet) and Blow Deflector(Bit stuck it and busted it up yesterday) and whatever else is wrong with it trowing the 181 codes now. Maybe they will opt to ship it back. Regardless I really need it back this week I hope.

Thanks again,
ScottS

ScottS
11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I called LHR and am at 180 hours on my machine but passed the 12 months warranty. Guess I will now loose it to sears till after the holidays are over. I might have a used CC for sale soon.