PDA

View Full Version : Woodshop

Chief
11-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Off-Topic. Nothing to do with CC or CW.

Catch this fellow with a woodshop that we'd all kill for. Surprisingly, he doesn't have a Carvewright in his shop. If he did, he didn't show it off.

Festool fans will enjoy his acknowledgement.

There are two parts with the first leading into the 2nd. You guys aren't going to believe this guy. And you're not going to believe his shop....... 800 sq ft of joy.

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/file.jsp?sssdmh=dm17.412883&item=video/toolschool&temp=yes&bcpid=48121093001&bclid=48224903001&bctid=48249020001&esrc=nwwood&email=710104435

I know it's long but all you have to do is copy all three lines at once and paste them into your browser's address line.

There didn't seem to be a place for this but since I'm talking about this fellow's machines, it seemed logical to place it here.

Chief

mtylerfl
11-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi Chief,

All I saw at the link you provided was a fellow talking about bandsaws.:(

Chief
11-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Mike,

To the left of the big frame, there are 5 small photos. The two on the bottom are listed as "Laguna Tools - Tymes Dust Free". Just click on the one on the left. When it finishes, it will automatically load part II. Oh, and keep a rag or something in your hand to wipe the drooooool from your lips. This guy's shot is worth killing for.

Chief

mtylerfl
11-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks, Chief! WOW - what a setup that guy has! Cool!

dbfletcher
11-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks, Chief! WOW - what a setup that guy has! Cool!

It definately is very very nice... but i get the feeling he has more money invested in just his clamps and drills than I have in ALL of my equipment. kinda boggles the mind how much money is probably in that shop! I wonder how he manganes to get anything done in the all the organization! That was crazy!

Doug Fletcher

SharonB
11-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Hay....I have a shop set up like that ...... but only in my dreams.

Kenm810
11-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I do it by keeping all the tools on my bench in Alphabetical Order,

A-Drill, A-Hammer, A-Saw, A-Chisel, A-Square, A-Punch, A-Screw Driver, - etc, - etc, - etc, - etc, ---- It's easy. :razz:

PCW
11-25-2009, 06:42 PM
I need pyramids installed on all flat surfaces.:mrgreen:

fwharris
11-25-2009, 06:52 PM
I usually find the tool right where I put it.. problem is finding where I put it!

Deolman
11-25-2009, 07:42 PM
I have a random filing system with a biblical retrieval system. (Seek and ye shall find.) :-D

Old Salt
11-25-2009, 08:11 PM
the shop to lust after. must be able to sell his wares at a good price.
His work must be great.
I tell my wife i work on something for an hour and it takes me 3 hrs to cleanup and put back tools.
never ending job.

swhitney
11-25-2009, 09:25 PM
OCWD - obsessive compulsive woodworkers disease

dbfletcher
11-25-2009, 09:36 PM
the shop to lust after. must be able to sell his wares at a good price.
His work must be great.
I tell my wife i work on something for an hour and it takes me 3 hrs to cleanup and put back tools.
never ending job.

Ok.. not to sound really stupid.. but what is "cleanup". I dont think I know that term..... But it sure sounds like something I would want to avoid!!!:mrgreen:

Doug Fletcher

hess
11-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Ok.. not to sound really stupid.. but what is "cleanup". I dont think I know that term..... But it sure sounds like something I would want to avoid!!!:mrgreen:

Doug Fletcher

Hell if I dont put it on the floor I cant find it:roll:

Pratyeka
11-26-2009, 06:14 AM
What nobody seems to realise is that this guy's only product is "shop organisation training videos". That's his stage where he shoots the videos...;)

Fletcher
11-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Wow, nice to look at but he really must spend more time putting things away than producing anything... Nice setup and equipment though! I really like how all of his dust and air equipment is separated from the shop - must keep that in mind for future construction.

Chief
11-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Doug,

With the way that fellow has his shop set up, I doubt that he has too much cleaning afterwards, especially since he's a Festool fan. With a good DC, there wouldn't be much cleaning to do. And, with his collector outside of the shop proper, I bet there's a lot less noise than most of us suffer.

Chief

wasacop75
11-28-2009, 07:44 PM
If i put my dust collector outside to keep the garage quiet, the neighbors would really start complaining.

had one today that came over to see what the noise is in my garage most days. Then he saw some of the stuff i was working on and now he wants something for his daughters next project hi has to build...

Chief
11-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Mike,

Just build a couple of walls and a roof around your DC. You can get a sheet or two of a noise dampening board at HD or Lowe's. It'll bring the noise level down to where the neighbors aren't bothered by the noise and you're not bothered by the neighbors.

Chief

LittleRedWoodshop
11-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Gave me some great ideas for the shop... going to be a busy week this week.

wasacop75
11-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Chief.

there isonly about 12 ft between my house and the neighbor's.\
gotta wait till i find the right property and then can set up a great shop. one even jason would work out of.

Chief
11-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Wasacop,

I'd die for 12 feet but the zoning ordinance probably wouldn't let you do what you want. I'm thinking of putting on an addition in place of the back porch I already have. The only problem is a difference in grades. I'm trying to talk my wife into a 2-car garage..... somewhere else.

Chief