PDA

View Full Version : Rotating the download item causes distortion

korney
11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
I've had the machine about two weeks and have had success in scaning, rotating and carving the item. Now when I rotate the item 90 degrees the rotated image is noticeably distorted. The oval face becomes wider and is cicular rather then the elliptical shape of the original. Looks sort of squished up for lack of a better description. The whole figure looks shorter. I have rescanned the object and have the same results.
My early results with the same figure were fine, however I deleted those downloads so can't compare them to my latest results.
Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have a solution.
Thanks
korney@cox.net

AskBud
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM
I've had the machine about two weeks and have had success in scaning, rotating and carving the item. Now when I rotate the item 90 degrees the rotated image is noticeably distorted. The oval face becomes wider and is cicular rather then the elliptical shape of the original. Looks sort of squished up for lack of a better description. The whole figure looks shorter. I have rescanned the object and have the same results.
My early results with the same figure were fine, however I deleted those downloads so can't compare them to my latest results.
Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have a solution.
Thanks
korney@cox.net

This is just a guess, as we need to see the scan to be sure.
My first thought is that your scan was for a larger area than the oval being scanned.

You, probably, need to edit the imported scan to have the edge be equal distance from each arc of the oval. We have seen scanned items change shape, on Rotate, due to the variation of the outer perimeter(s) being different.

posting your scan file would help.
AskBud