PDA

View Full Version : Troble with CW

Jossef
11-22-2009, 02:47 PM
For the past few days I keep hearing things and getting messages. The truck will get to various positions and makes a racketing noise. I have also gotten Check Cut Motor and Check Track Motor messages. Just a few minutes ago when the rollers started moving it sounded like the motor was starting slow and then speeding up. Does it sound like my CW is about to crash. I need it to last long enough for one more Christmas present I need to make!!

Ike
11-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Try this turn the power off the machine, wait a minute and see if you can move the Z truck by hand left to right with ease. Also the Y motion up an down, if that is a jerky motion then I bet you have some chips in the the gears in the Y motor. Or a chipped gear. Plus check to see if the rubber gear belt is tight and again free of wood chips.

Then clean and check your track blow out any debris inside, then clean the 4 rollers on the plate behind the Z truck. Remove the covers clean and replace.

Next make sure you flex cable is seated properly and while out you might as well lube with moly. Check your connection to the cut motor to insure they are tightly connected.

Then what is the temperature in your shop? Cold temps will slow the motor, my CC every start I get a CCM and hit enter and continue with the project.

I don't think you are doomed! You need to clean and free gears of debris and id needed warm the shop up. Don't panic !

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
11-22-2009, 05:04 PM
61 posts how many cut motor hours... I am thinking over 250 hours and the Cut Motor brushes are getting too short....

AL

Ike
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
61 posts how many cut motor hours... I am thinking over 250 hours and the Cut Motor brushes are getting too short....

AL

Lol not my new CC last check I do have almost 100 hours! I have been using the heck out of it!

Ike