PDA

View Full Version : need custom patterns developed - willing to pay!

tahoetimr
11-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I've owned my machine for a couple of years and only cut a couple of projects....not that I don't like it!! My problem is I don't have the time or inclination to do the computer work necessary to make the magic happen and buying "canned" projects, although many of them are very nice, just isn't what I want to do with my machine.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to do custom project work on the computer so I could simply pull it down to my card, insert and have fun watching the cuttings fly? Like I indicated in the title, I'm certainly willing to pay a reasonable fee for your time and effort.....need quality work that's "plug and play".

If I'm offending anyone, my apologies in advance....and if there are websites I should be looking at for this service, references to those would be helpful as well.......I just want to use my machine without becoming a computer guru....I do the computer stuff in my day job so it's not that I'm totally computer illiterate.....just don't need it to be such a big part of my woodworking! Thanks in advance for your help!!

mtylerfl
11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Try contacting http://www.go3d.us

They do a lot of custom pattern creation - I don't know if they are going to actually layout entire projects for you though.

tahoetimr
11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
thanks much! I'll look at them and see if it fits!! Anyone else??

Dan Frecks
11-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I've owned my machine for a couple of years and only cut a couple of projects....not that I don't like it!! My problem is I don't have the time or inclination to do the computer work necessary to make the magic happen and buying "canned" projects, although many of them are very nice, just isn't what I want to do with my machine.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to do custom project work on the computer so I could simply pull it down to my card, insert and have fun watching the cuttings fly? Like I indicated in the title, I'm certainly willing to pay a reasonable fee for your time and effort.....need quality work that's "plug and play".

If I'm offending anyone, my apologies in advance....and if there are websites I should be looking at for this service, references to those would be helpful as well.......I just want to use my machine without becoming a computer guru....I do the computer stuff in my day job so it's not that I'm totally computer illiterate.....just don't need it to be such a big part of my woodworking! Thanks in advance for your help!!

What kind of patterns are you looking for? We can do quite a bit and are willing to do comission work but it would be helpful to understand what you are looking for. Recently we have been specializinf in vector patterns that can be carved with centerline. It would be dependant on the designs you want and the scope of the projects.

tahoetimr
11-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks Dan.....a couple of projects I'm looking are as follows:
A small plaque that would have an organization's logo and a couple of words carved as well....that would probably be a 4" x 6" piece. Also looking at a fretwork type piece of another graphic that would be smaller.....to be used for a Christmas ornament or similar application.
Then I have a couple of larger projects that I would rather talk about off-line. Please email me at 2t@charter.net and we can discuss further.
Thanks again!!

TIMCOSBY
11-19-2009, 05:46 PM
change the text to what you want

www.go3d.us
11-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Try contacting http://www.go3d.us

They do a lot of custom pattern creation - I don't know if they are going to actually layout entire projects for you though.

Thanks mtylerfl for posting the link.

tahoetimr, please check your email. Thanks!

woodsnwaters
11-19-2009, 06:13 PM

Tim,

That is a very nice plaque. Thanks

Shacky
11-20-2009, 08:17 PM

Wow! That's really something.