PDA

View Full Version : saving pattern s

stanv77
11-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I am having a problem saving a project that I put together. I have saved alot of projects before in many different catorgories but this time it does not show up as saved in any catorgory. What am I doing wrong ? I have the project on the screen and go to edit and pick savs as. I then type in project name and push open. I think it should show up in the catorgory but it does not.

AskBud
11-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Try doing a "search" for the pattern name and see where it may have been sent. It could be your path was not what you thought.
AskBud
This 87.4 MB AVI link may help you organize.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Organize%20Patterns%20and%20Designs.zip
AskBud

stanv77
11-19-2009, 11:28 AM
I can go to file and type in the project title and the project will open if I am in the proper file catorgory but the project does not show in list in that catorgory.

AskBud
11-19-2009, 11:45 AM
I can go to file and type in the project title and the project will open if I am in the proper file catorgory but the project does not show in list in that catorgory.

When you get the project on your screen, go back to FILE and select SAVE-AS and look at the entire path that is displayed in the address bar. Is it where you thought it was placed?

Do you allow the program to do a default save, in the beginning, or do you control what folder the project is saved to? As you see, in the AVI, I always force the save to where I wish the item to reside. I can also move them to the folder iI wish.
AskBud

stanv77
11-19-2009, 02:13 PM
thanks Bud for the help. I have tring everything I can think of with no success. I have saved lots of projects saved from before with no trouble. i don't know what I am doing wrong. I will keep tring

dbfletcher
11-19-2009, 02:17 PM
thanks Bud for the help. I have tring everything I can think of with no success. I have saved lots of projects saved from before with no trouble. i don't know what I am doing wrong. I will keep tring

Can you do a couple of screen shots showing what you are doing.. and your results? Im sure it is probably something simple.

Doug Fletcher

jww922
11-19-2009, 03:37 PM
I haven't got a machine yet but decided to download the trial software and put some projects together so that when I get my machine I would be ready. I worked for several hours importing some pictures and making some signs.

What I didn't notice when saving was that they were being saved into a temp folder. I run a program that empties/deletes the temp folder, all were lost. The pictures I imported were saved into the favorites in patterns. I should have noticed that the default was the temp folder.

stanv77
11-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I have found the problem that had saving my project thanks to ask bud. When I named my project (goose light switch cover) I didn't spell the word switch. I had put goose light sw. cover and the problem is the period .Now it works fine THANKS BUD