PDA

View Full Version : Vector question

jpaluck
11-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Included is an mpc..Is there a way to carve out the inside of a vector drawing and not just outline it using bit selection? Meaning 1/8 inch ballnose. I blevieve if I put a carve region on this the machine will use the 1/6 carving bit. Is it possible to first choose the bit selection then use a carve region? I know you can change it in the board settings menu under options to the 1/8 inch straight bit but if I wanted different bits for multiple ithings on an mpc is it possible to assign different bits to them all

cnsranch
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I know I'm missing part of your question, but can't you select it as a Carve Region, and make it a pierced carving?

James RS
11-18-2009, 03:02 PM
I know I'm missing part of your question, but can't you select it as a Carve Region, and make it a pierced carving?

I opened the file selected carve region then cut path

mtylerfl
11-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Included is an mpc..Is there a way to carve out the inside of a vector drawing and not just outline it using bit selection? Meaning 1/8 inch ballnose. I blevieve if I put a carve region on this the machine will use the 1/6 carving bit. Is it possible to first choose the bit selection then use a carve region? I know you can change it in the board settings menu under options to the 1/8 inch straight bit but if I wanted different bits for multiple ithings on an mpc is it possible to assign different bits to them all

Hi John,

The only way* is to specify the 1/8th Ballnose as you mentioned. No, you cannot choose multiple carving bits in the same project. You can use only one at a time per mpc. It is a global choice for an entire project.

A workaround might be to piecemeal your mpc...put only the elements that you want the 1/16" carving bit to be used for carving on one mpc....put only the elements that you want to use the 1/8" Ballnose for the carving bit on another mpc. That may or may not work depending what your layout consists of (if you have layered items, merges, clip carvings and so on, it will not work to split the components between two mpc's).

* another way...draw vector lines inside the shape and assign the 1/8" bit at the desired depth. Make the lines so the bit diameter will overlap slightly.

jpaluck
11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys..kinda what I thought Michael but was hoping mabey I was missing something..if anyone knows I know you do..thanks