PDA

View Full Version : buying compucarve of Ebay " LAST TIME"

skeeterman
11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
I am 0 for 2 buying used compucarves off of Ebay. got screwed both times. I now know how to get rid of junk if no longer needed.( If i was the distrustful type that is what i would do) , but alas i am not. GRRRRR, i guess i need to just calm down and think of it as having my own spare parts shop for my origional compucare that still runs .
sorry folks just had to rant. I feel a little better.
steve

Ike
11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
I am 0 for 2 buying used compucarves off of Ebay. got screwed both times. I now know how to get rid of junk if no longer needed.( If i was the distrustful type that is what i would do) , but alas i am not. GRRRRR, i guess i need to just calm down and think of it as having my own spare parts shop for my origional compucare that still runs .
sorry folks just had to rant. I feel a little better.
steve

Steve, sorry to hear about you trouble and of course you know it was e-bay and not the machine? It is a shame you can't trust anybody these days, fortunately if you buy a reconditioned CC from Sears you have a little piece of mind.

If you have seen the post on how I found all the best prices on new and reconditioned CC through the Sears outlet store, you can find a deal in your price range. They say new on the page which most likely means a display unit and who knows what abuse it went through! Same with the reconditioned, but I am confident 9 times out of 10 the reconditioned machine was returned for something simple! The display on the other hand is another story with kids and adults cranking the head until it locks and cranking some more!

I recently bought a reconditioned CC for $750.00 plus tax and $35.00 for shipping. The info on the CC a customer bought it used it once and returned it. The truth of it was the person opened the software CD and that was it! It was brand new, 20 minutes on the cut motor and still had the packing grease inside!

Hesstx bought a new display and took it home and it was unusable. But it was a display and was sold as new so he bought the 5 year extended warranty and now they are replacing the unit with a new in box CC. He paid $499.00 for CC minus his Craftsman club discount I think was another $100.00 off and also a discount for the warranty!

Don't give up there are good deals out there, but I am with you I would buy one from e-bay you never know what you will get! Plus another fact many are not aware of, if the unit is being sold as brand new and the person selling the CC is not an authorized dealer.....There is no warranty! Not mention even if it is used with low hours there is no warranty!

Hang in there maybe between the 2 you can get 1 working?

Ike

wasacop75
11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Steve:

Now i know where to go when my machine crashes..
do you have any idea whats wrong with the machines?

skeeterman
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
last one i bought the guy just said had z axis error and he just didnt have time to mess around with it. but when i got it today the whole thing was cockeyed ( not level by no means) so when i started taking it apart to see why is was so jacked up on the control side, i took panel of and the ribbon that conects the control panel was torn to where a couple of the wires were not intact and there was electrical tape holding it up to panel inside. the hand crank screw that has the bevel gear is warped or bent.
just totaly wiped out.
but i keep reminding myself, that i have an extra flex shaft if i need it, or just about anything i need for parts
have bought 2 of the compucarves of ebay for around $580 each.
shoulda did the reconditioned as ike said
steve

Dlemley
11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
I have a new machine it carved 2 pieces of wood. For sale dlrl2001@yahoo.com

al2888dj
11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
how much u want for it

gwizpro
11-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Steve, I have been selling on eBay for over 10 years and I do understand what you mean. Here is a tip when buying on eBay. Always pay via PayPal, they will guarantee the purchase if it misrepresented in any way. Once a dispute is filed the funds are instantly taken from the seller. It may take some time to get your money back but you will, provided you understand what you bought. READ the fine print in the eBay ad. If the seller states condition unknown, well, you take a chance. If a private person sells one, ask lots of question and only converse thru the eBay email system. Be sure to save those emails, they may come in handy. Do read a vendors feedback, it tells a lot. Also read the detailed seller ratings. I am sure a lot of folks have an opinion on this. I purchase 100's of items on eBay and have never been screwed. Lucky maybe, smart , I try to be. Oh and never ever buy form someone with low feedback ratings. They have nothing to loose. Feedbacks over 1000, you stand a better chance of getting what you want. Is the systems or eBay fool proof, NO!. But I do know I have gotten some really great deals thru this media.. Just my Humble Opinion. Tom

hess
11-16-2009, 10:21 PM
last one i bought the guy just said had z axis error and he just didnt have time to mess around with it. but when i got it today the whole thing was cockeyed ( not level by no means) so when i started taking it apart to see why is was so jacked up on the control side, i took panel of and the ribbon that conects the control panel was torn to where a couple of the wires were not intact and there was electrical tape holding it up to panel inside. the hand crank screw that has the bevel gear is warped or bent.
just totaly wiped out.
but i keep reminding myself, that i have an extra flex shaft if i need it, or just about anything i need for parts
have bought 2 of the compucarves of ebay for around $580 each.
shoulda did the reconditioned as ike said
steve

Steve there is a guy who has been around here who is selling parts to the units he says 40 % off of new

I'm currently dealing on 6 used BUSTED ones each under 300.00 looking for parts units

Was the deals from private guys are were they the ones on there all the time.

Sound s like maybe yours got kicked around I seen one lately the guy put a fist though the door. cant say I have not been there before.
The one I got from Sears looked like someone drop kicked it but they said it worked and sold me the warranty so now some where out there is a new uni coming all the way from ME

here is the guy with the part just keep in mind your broken units are still worth $

David Maas <dave.maas@endries.com>

skeeterman
11-17-2009, 08:59 AM
yes this one was probably thrown across room when owner was dissatisfied with it because it is just so way unaligned and as i said the vertical screw on control side that raises head is bent badly, i cant imagine what was done to make this happen.
oh well live and learn
steve

skeeterman
11-25-2009, 10:05 PM
a follow up on the compucarve bought off of Ebay. got a hold of the seller and told him what was going on with machine he had sold me, and how bad of shape it was in, he was willing to send me $200. of my purchase price back to me, so all is not lost, i have a parts machine to keep my 2 other compucarves running.
steve

seabass
11-26-2009, 02:29 AM
I got off eBay and out of paypal. Just becasue of that exact attitude Ike.

Honestly, the sellers are the ones that get the shaft, not the buyers. Heck I could sell a perfect item for a great price and then person back out of the deal causing me fees and I can not leave them negative feedback? But they leave me negative feedback because I bitched when they wanted out of the deal for no reason?

Paypal too, I have been burned people receiving goods and saying they did not get it. I have tracking info and they still back charge me off their credit card and PayPal does nothing, they can't.

I am lucky I had perfect rating on both after fighting, but the problems were not worth it.

As far as buying I have never been ripped off and never had to leave negative feedback and have 985 purchases. I only buy off ebay and only use paypal for buying as well now, never again for selling, but I will NEVER leave negative feedback unless I literally get ripped off, I never have been.

I am sorry you had bad luck, but the seller giving you 200.00 back you should NOT give him bad feedback, that was a great thing to do.

Maybe some do not realize leaving negative feedback is destroying someones rep and some do it out of spite, even after the seller bends over backward! If he gave you 200.00 back I hope you give him positive feedback.

ebay allows buyers to destroy the reputation of good sellers and literally take food out of their families mouth, remember that the next time you buy something for 5.00 and don;t like it and then leave negative feedback.

Even though you bought a more expensive item it seems to me the seller did what a good seller does. I mean if he gave you nothing you give negative feedback, but he gives you 200.00 and still gets negative feedback? That is so wrong. Is it a wonder some sellers just will not even try to make you happy, they are afraid they will get negative feedback no matter what they do so why give a 200.00 break?

It is the buyers and the eBay rules making ebay crap these days, 99% of the sellers are fantastic. Rant over.

skeeterman
11-26-2009, 08:31 AM
I did give a positive feedback, the seller believed that the machine was damaged in shipping. he offered to take whole machine back but i thought i could use the parts to get my 3rd machine up and running, so for $300 i got lots of parts, some i definatly needed, needed flexshaft and whole new top and bits and 14 pin ribbon cable, to maybe get that one up and running
steve

seabass
11-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Definitely a sweet price for parts. I think the computer part is 300.00 along and the motor 150.00 I think so you made out pretty well!

Ike
11-26-2009, 12:25 PM
I removed the post sorry I even said anything until the last post I didn't know the whole story................... For your info I don't just give any negative comments just to give them. :roll:

Ike

temler
12-24-2009, 09:00 AM
I too have been taken by selling on EBay. All they have to do is say they didn't get what they ordered and they get everything, it all goes for the buyer. I sold a first edition of an old book I got at an auction, I sold it to a guy in Germany, once he got it all he had to do is say it was not a first edition of the book, I was so stupid to not take a picture of the first page. So they took the $550.00 back out of my account (which was not there by then) the guy said he didn't want it at all since it was first addition but it was and then he said he wanted me to pay for all the shipping to get it back, which he said would be $85 since he was shipping from there to me and there was no cheaper way. I found out later he was a book seller so he made a lot of money from me. and PayPal or EBay will not help the seller and if it is international sell there is no help at all for you. Don't sell on eBay but I think it is pretty safe to buy if you use PayPal. Be careful of people that sell and say they will not take PayPal. Just my 1 1/2 cents worth of info.
Thanks
Tim

I got off eBay and out of paypal. Just becasue of that exact attitude Ike.

Honestly, the sellers are the ones that get the shaft, not the buyers. Heck I could sell a perfect item for a great price and then person back out of the deal causing me fees and I can not leave them negative feedback? But they leave me negative feedback because I bitched when they wanted out of the deal for no reason?

Paypal too, I have been burned people receiving goods and saying they did not get it. I have tracking info and they still back charge me off their credit card and PayPal does nothing, they can't.

I am lucky I had perfect rating on both after fighting, but the problems were not worth it.

As far as buying I have never been ripped off and never had to leave negative feedback and have 985 purchases. I only buy off ebay and only use paypal for buying as well now, never again for selling, but I will NEVER leave negative feedback unless I literally get ripped off, I never have been.

I am sorry you had bad luck, but the seller giving you 200.00 back you should NOT give him bad feedback, that was a great thing to do.

Maybe some do not realize leaving negative feedback is destroying someones rep and some do it out of spite, even after the seller bends over backward! If he gave you 200.00 back I hope you give him positive feedback.

ebay allows buyers to destroy the reputation of good sellers and literally take food out of their families mouth, remember that the next time you buy something for 5.00 and don;t like it and then leave negative feedback.

Even though you bought a more expensive item it seems to me the seller did what a good seller does. I mean if he gave you nothing you give negative feedback, but he gives you 200.00 and still gets negative feedback? That is so wrong. Is it a wonder some sellers just will not even try to make you happy, they are afraid they will get negative feedback no matter what they do so why give a 200.00 break?

It is the buyers and the eBay rules making ebay crap these days, 99% of the sellers are fantastic. Rant over.