PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Sensor

Richard Fugazzi
11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
I have been making signs and the last 2 I tried to carve were ruined half way thru the project by the board not indexing to the proper location and carving in the wrong place. I checked the board sensing wheel and it seems to move freely. All suggestions appreciated!!

Richard F

mtylerfl
11-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I have been making signs and the last 2 I tried to carve were ruined half way thru the project by the board not indexing to the proper location and carving in the wrong place. I checked the board sensing wheel and it seems to move freely. All suggestions appreciated!!

Richard F

Do you have an mpc and/or photo of your board(s) we could look at? (delete any commercial patterns first, if they exist on your mpc layout)

rjustice
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
What kind of wood are you using?.. very hard smoothe surfaces are hard for the wheel to "bite" into... this is why our friend AL, always suggests using a strip of masking tape along the edge where the wheel rides. Also make sure there is a rubber "O" ring on the tip of the brass wheel...

MDF is notorius for having problems like this. There are dozens of posts about this.

Hope this helps..

Ron

PS, It is rumored that AL has stock in 3M - specifically the masking tape division...LOL :D

hess
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
What kind of wood are you using?.. very hard smoothe surfaces are hard for the wheel to "bite" into... this is why our friend AL, always suggests using a strip of masking tape along the edge where the wheel rides. Also make sure there is a rubber "O" ring on the tip of the brass wheel...

MDF is notorius for having problems like this. There are dozens of posts about this.

Hope this helps..

Ron

PS, It is rumored that AL has stock in 3M - specifically the masking tape division...LOL :D

Heck We cant find blue 3M here anymore cause it is all going to AL Who

Richard Fugazzi
11-17-2009, 07:49 AM

Hope this help ..

Ron

I am using clear pines and have used it many times before with no problem. If I use tape should it be on both edges of the board, blue painters ok and how wide?

Thanks for the help
Richard

rjustice
11-17-2009, 07:52 AM
I am using clear pines and have used it many times before with no problem. If I use tape should it be on both edges of the board, blue painters ok and how wide?

Thanks for the help
Richard

Just putting a strip under the edge where the brass tracking roller hits is fine. Yes, blue painters tape is fine as well... it comes off the wood very clean, which is an added benefit too.

Ron