PDA

View Full Version : mind of its own.

ckrantz
11-14-2009, 06:16 PM
hello, my machine seems to now after 2 weeks of proper operation to now just all of a sudden have a mind of its own.

It seems that one carve is ok... the next is .250 too long.. then a retry is .125 too long... board measurements are always off by .1 .2, -.1 -.2... I seem to never get an identical length measurement. get a stretch of track sensor check errors..then they stop.

I've cleaned it out completely.. did a sensor test on the track roller, it sees the roller when i spin it. the o ring is there.

Any directions?

jab73180
11-14-2009, 06:18 PM
call LHR, they might replace it, they will at least run some checks on it.

liquidguitars
11-14-2009, 06:22 PM
check the out feed and in feed rollers, clean with WD40 add a little oil the moving parts same with the sandpaper belt axles ..

LG

ckrantz
11-16-2009, 01:49 PM
So far it appears that the board track roller damper was tilted out of place. (its the little rubber tube that sits on a screw head below the sensor) Pretty $hitty design for a almost $2,000 machine. I'm sure the engineers could have come up with something better for that job.

By the damper being tilted over it was allowing the brass roller to move down more than 1/8". Apparently if that happens the track roller can skip giving false readings. So after 4 board measurements they're within .005. Is this accuracy what you guys are close to getting if you measure the same board over and over a few times?

liquidguitars
11-16-2009, 02:45 PM
board measurements they're within .005. Is this accuracy what you guys are close to getting if you measure the same board over and over a few times?

yup, sound about right or better.. good job.

LG