PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th!

Ike
11-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Well today started out as if it was Friday the 13th.....Wait it is Friday the 13th!

So I went out to the shop to continue carvings from last night. I was making the trout clock project and ran out of time last night and left the power on. The front was carved and waiting to be flipped over.

So I flipped the board and started the CC, it went through all the measurements and then a Z axis error! The Y motor was jerky so I used my spare Y motor and exchanged them. Now at this time I need to start the project again so I decided to just start it again. Then the board sensor needed exchanged. So I exchanged my spare and still the same, so I took it off and cleaned it again. I tried it again on the trout project but it continued to give me problems. So I wanted to finish the project so I loaded the flash card in my CW and it gave me a board sensor error! UGH ( yes I used a piece of white paper to test the sensor!)

This time all it took was a blast of air and got it started again! So back to the CC I then tried the Lincoln coin bank and went through all the measuring and at the end checking the bits another Z axis error. But a easy fix I needed to tighten the top screw and a restart and all was well.

So both my CW and CC are back in action! I am not sure if the Y motor I replaced is bad after turning the gear a couple wood chips were caught in the gears. So I may have not needed to replace it? Still Monday I will call LHR, to see what they think? Plus I still need a new board sensor I managed to get the readings up to over 50.

Then my wife came home from a Dr's appointment and she needs to have a growth removed surgically we hope isn't cancer. I guess the best thing today is I am glad I have learned how to use the machine to keep it operational. Well enough anyway!

Still this has been a Friday the 13th I want to forget!

Ike

dbfletcher
11-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Well today started out as if it was Friday the 13th.....Wait it is Friday the 13th!

So I went out to the shop to continue carvings from last night. I was making the trout clock project and ran out of time last night and left the power on. The front was carved and waiting to be flipped over.

So I flipped the board and started the CC, it went through all the measurements and then a Z axis error! The Y motor was jerky so I used my spare Y motor and exchanged them. Now at this time I need to start the project again so I decided to just start it again. Then the board sensor needed exchanged. So I exchanged my spare and still the same, so I took it off and cleaned it again. I tried it again on the trout project but it continued to give me problems. So I wanted to finish the project so I loaded the flash card in my CW and it gave me a board sensor error! UGH ( yes I used a piece of white paper to test the sensor!)

This time all it took was a blast of air and got it started again! So back to the CC I then tried the Lincoln coin bank and went through all the measuring and at the end checking the bits another Z axis error. But a easy fix I needed to tighten the top screw and a restart and all was well.

So both my CW and CC are back in action! I am not sure if the Y motor I replaced is bad after turning the gear a couple wood chips were caught in the gears. So I may have not needed to replace it? Still Monday I will call LHR, to see what they think? Plus I still need a new board sensor I managed to get the readings up to over 50.

Then my wife came home from a Dr's appointment and she needs to have a growth removed surgically we hope isn't cancer. I guess the best thing today is I am glad I have learned how to use the machine to keep it operational. Well enough anyway!

Ike

Ouch.. that is a bad day. I hope all is well with your wife.

Doug Fletcher

Ike
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks Doug me too, guess I needed to share, but the best thing is if you take time to learn your machine it helps a bunch!

Ike

dbfletcher
11-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks Doug me too, guess I needed to share, but the best thing is if you take time to learn your machine it helps a bunch!

Ike

Agreed.. I've posted a couple times on here that I wished they sold the machine as a "kit"... you get a box of parts have have to assemble it yourself... I think there would be fewer problems becuase we would all have a better understanding of how things work. Obviously there some 'pre-assembled" assemblies... let say 40-50 parts to assemble.

Doug Fletcher

c6craig
11-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Ike,

Sorry to hear about your day, good luck with your wife - hope all goes well.

Craig

Ike
11-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks Craig I am sure it is nothing, the Dr. is just making sure. Doug the funny thing that is one reason I sold my Shopbot. I got as far as the table and stopped because they shorted me some bolts. If that didn't happened I would have most likely finished putting together.

It had about 15 parts at the most, I still have my K2 and it has maybe 6 pieces to put together. That is what I like the best about the CW/CC is no assembly and the software is user friendly and the flash card is the best!

Of course replacing parts you learn fast too! The biggest problem is dust, so a working DC is a must. Just like the small specks in the Y motor this morning stopped the whole operation! Still I am amazed everytime I use the machine and think man the guy who invented this is a smart fellow!

Ike

Tom75
11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
sorry to hear about the terrible day you had . hope all is well with your wife

SteveEJ
11-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Ike,
Sorry about the problems. The machines can be fixed, the wife takes a little more TLC. I will be praying that everything comes out OK.

Ike
11-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks all, sorry to burden my problems with you. I just needed some comfort I guess and this is may extended family! Like I said, it sounds worst then it is. My wife isn't in any pain and the Dr. doesn't think it is cancer, but wants to make sure. The worst thing it is in the area where she sits!

To my machines they are going well, I replaced the part and still need a new board sensor. But I just wanted to point out to new members and those thinking of buying the machine. Learn how to use it and clean and maintain the machine and it will give you much joy! Just like a person becoming a mechanic they need to learn how to repair the motor and maintain it before just jumping in with wrench in hand!

Thanks again all,

Ike

STEAM
11-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks all, sorry to burden my problems with you. I just needed some comfort I guess and this is may extended family! Like I said, it sounds worst then it is. My wife isn't in any pain and the Dr. doesn't think it is cancer, but wants to make sure. The worst thing it is in the area where she sits!

To my machines they are going well, I replaced the part and still need a new board sensor. But I just wanted to point out to new members and those thinking of buying the machine. Learn how to use it and clean and maintain the machine and it will give you much joy! Just like a person becoming a mechanic they need to learn how to repair the motor and maintain it before just jumping in with wrench in hand!

Thanks again all,

Ike

Ike
I think everything will go well with your wife. With the way medicine is these days they are able to do so much more than just a few years ago. Try not to worry. Everything will be fine. And besides you got your machines operational again.
Also, I thought you were the pain where she sits. ;)
I'll be sure to keep her and you in my prayers.

Ike
11-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Lol yes but I am not being removed!!! I think it is yesterday again!!! I am having nothing but trouble with the trout clock project. I have only successfully carved one all the way through out of 4 attempts!

I wasted a good piece of oak this time, by the way I am not too thrilled with the way it carves. Yesterday I ran out of time so I left the machine on to cut out the shapes. This morning the screen asked for the 1/8th bit I loaded it and the way it went. It was carving around the shapes so I let it go when I checked again it was off track.....UGH!

I think I need to upload it again, for mean time it will be the last thing I try again! Oh well!!!

Ike

ajk
11-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Ike
i was reading the friday 13. i will praying for your wife.
hilda

chkorte
11-14-2009, 05:21 PM

Ike

Sorry to hear about the health problems your wife is having. I went thru the same thing with my wife 6 months ago. The Dr. found a growth on her kidney and the only way to test it was to operate and remove it(the growth not the kidney). We had a few tense days waiting for the operation and then the biopsy results but it all turned out well in the end. The biopsy came back benign and the Dr. said he got it all and the rest of the kidney looked good. Let's pray that you have the same results.

wasacop75
11-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Ike:

Not everything about the 13th is bad.. some of the best people i know were born in the 13th (me, youngest daughter, grand daughter)/

Please let your wife and family know that they are in our prayers.

Keep up the good work.