PDA

View Full Version : scanning probe problem

musicman
11-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I am having a problem with scanning a project. I have read most of the threads, tried taking probe apart didn't work, re-did it. now probe works half.
The Z axis dose not descend to set depth, so far haven't scanned anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Musicman

rickyz
11-14-2009, 08:55 AM
do you get an error code?

rickyz
11-14-2009, 09:00 AM
my problem was with the wiring, if you can check the continuity, maybe there is a break in the wiring. just a thought.

musicman
11-14-2009, 01:17 PM
do you get an error code?

Yes I was getting error 308 before I took the probe apart, then I got please insert probe. Now the probe stays up and scans.

musicman

musicman
11-14-2009, 01:20 PM
my problem was with the wiring, if you can check the continuity, maybe there is a break in the wiring. just a thought.

I have not check the wiring need to find my meter.

Thanks
musicman

oalexander
11-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Ensure that your machine configuration is correct. If you have a machine serial number that starts with B or have installed the A907, then you will need to use the scanning probe adapter cable plugged in to the side of the cover.

If your machine is still configured where you plug it in on the side of of the z-truck, then you need to change the configuration back to the z-truck in the menu.

From the main project menu, hit 0 5 3 and check where the machine is currently configured to.

You also need to check the probe state by going to 0 7 from the project menu. Make sure it is changing states.

musicman
11-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Ensure that your machine configuration is correct. If you have a machine serial number that starts with B or have installed the A907, then you will need to use the scanning probe adapter cable plugged in to the side of the cover.

If your machine is still configured where you plug it in on the side of of the z-truck, then you need to change the configuration back to the z-truck in the menu.

From the main project menu, hit 0 5 3 and check where the machine is currently configured to.

You also need to check the probe state by going to 0 7 from the project menu. Make sure it is changing states.

I have the one that connects into the Z truck I don't know what an A907 is, I will check the configeration on sunday afternoon, we have 3 of our grandkids for the weekend.

Thanks
musicman

TIMCOSBY
11-14-2009, 11:22 PM
someone else had the same problem not long ago but i got crs disease.

musicman
11-15-2009, 05:04 PM
someone else had the same problem not long ago but i got crs disease.

Hi TIMCOSBY

This may sound stupid what do you mean by crs disease and how do you check and fix it

Thanks.

musicman

Kenm810
11-15-2009, 05:17 PM
It's a common affliction a lot of us Old Carvaholics have.
This is a disease where you can't remember sh-t. :wink:

musicman
11-15-2009, 06:02 PM
It's a common affliction a lot of us Old Carvaholics have.
This is a disease where you can't remember sh-t. :wink:

Thanks Kenm810

I have always had that, maybe that's why I didn't understand the info. thanks for clearing it up. hopefully someone can help. I bought the probe in Jan. 08 at the woodworkers show at Timonium, Md. fairgrounds. the machine from sears at the end of Jan. Haven't carved much, health and other things
problems. I want to use it to make some things for our craft business.

Thanks
Musicman

want2b
11-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalexander

I have the one that connects into the Z truck I don't know what an A907 is, I will check the configeration on sunday afternoon, we have 3 of our grandkids for the weekend.

Thanks
musicman

The machine originally worked with the plug into the Z truck, when they updated the Z truck they changed the software to use the probe via the connector on the side under the lid on the keypad side. The probe still has the same cable built in but they made an add on adaptor cable that converts it from the plug used on the Z truck to one matching the side plug. I can't remember the first version of software that suppported the option of selecting the location, you may need to upgrade. I had the problem after I sent mine back for a bad Z truck, unfortunately mine ended up being a bad controller board. First thing I would do is follow the advice from 'oalexander ' above and verify where the machine is expecting the probe, if that doesn't fix it the next question would be has your Z truck been changed? I believe new Z trucks don't have the wiring so won't work. After that all I can offer is a troubleshooting PDf I posted on how to verify the wiring from the side jack if that is where you need it and you are comfortable doing the needed dismantling.

http://forum.carvewright.com//showthread.php?t=2073&page=5

Not to good at this but I think the link above will get you to the file.

Luck Rick H.

musicman
11-17-2009, 08:43 PM
I checked the configuration 0 5 3 Shows cover when I changed it to z truk but it seemed to go back to cover. when I go 0 7, It showed z-truk tried a scan ( maybe I'm not sure of the procedure I wanted to set the maximum depth ) can someone explain it. also compucarve model # is AP. 008.100 if that's helps anything Thanks for all the help,

musicman

AskBud
11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
If you have not watched this video on the Probe, do so.
AskBud
http://www.carvebuddy.com/scanningvideo_how_it_works.html

musicman
11-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks Bud

That clears up one thing when I jog to first corner the probe dose not go down to the surface. I hit enter the L.E.D. request go to the other corner, probe still dose not touch surface of sled. the last time I moved the probe by hand down to the paint paddle. any thoughts on what to do next. I'm using 1.153

Musicman