PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Latest Projects

SharonB
11-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Snow flakes are gentely falling here in Central Oregon thus giving me a few free moments to share with you some of my latest projects. Some of the project incorporate free/shared patterns....they are greatly appreciated. The first two are the JOY TREE...a great project. The next two I designed using ideas from a magazine....the last one was cut first and had a flaw in the design...thus the cut-out top.

Kenm810
11-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Very Nice!!, love the finish job on all of them. :grin:

SharonB
11-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Here are a few more of my latest projects. The Angel plaque is a working sample of the one sent to New Zealand for the birth of a baby girl. The last one is an uncompleted wall hanging that I'm currently working on.

I have a craft show this weekend and then it's back to carving.

LittleRedWoodshop
11-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Your work is great - makes me want to go carve somthing right now. Where did you get that pattern of the angel with the baby.... that is a beautiful pattern.

Icutone2
11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Holey s___ those are amazing GREAT staining job!
Lee

Ike
11-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Snow flakes are gentely falling here in Central Oregon thus giving me a few free moments to share with you some of my latest projects. Some of the project incorporate free/shared patterns....they are greatly appreciated. The first two are the JOY TREE...a great project. The next two I designed using ideas from a magazine....the last one was cut first and had a flaw in the design...thus the cut-out top.

Sharon BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it! Please keep the snow where you live!!! I am in No. Ca. about 4 hours from Klammath Falls! Sounds like you are near Medford?

Ike

STEAM
11-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Very nice work. Real classy. The finishes go great with each subject. I can tell you know what you are doing.

fwharris
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Sharon,

Great, fantastic, WOW !!!

Your finishing and painting techniques are awesome.

RayTrek
11-13-2009, 07:27 PM
SharonB,

I love everything about your incredible projects, absolutely beautiful.
Thanks for sharing; I also want to go carve something now:-D
Cheers ~ Ray

c6craig
11-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Sharon,

That's a beautiful job, I particularly like the way you used the gold letters with the little bit of silver background on the Joy Tree!!! It really makes it stand out!

I bow to your excellent finishing skills :cool:

Craig

SharonB
11-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Thank you for the nice compliments. I think I like the painting process ALMOST as much as watching the machine do the carving.

LRW: The Baby & Angel pattern was a shared pattern here on the forum. This is the first time I used it but will be using it a lot more in the future.

Ike: No, I live in the Bend/Redmond area. Right now it is 27 degrees and getting colder. Time to dig out the artic gear if this keeps up.

I don't know if I showed a picture of my Duck Shelf that I did a few weeks ago so I'll include it here.... I get a lot of compliments on the Duck Shelf .... the POM is one subscription that is worth the money spent.

Ike
11-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Lol ok wrong side well Klammath Falls is in between! Matter of fact it is pretty cold in my neck of the woods!

Ike

Dan Frecks
11-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Thank you for the nice compliments. I think I like the painting process ALMOST as much as watching the machine do the carving.

LRW: The Baby & Angel pattern was a shared pattern here on the forum. This is the first time I used it but will be using it a lot more in the future.

Ike: No, I live in the Bend/Redmond area. Right now it is 27 degrees and getting colder. Time to dig out the artic gear if this keeps up.

I don't know if I showed a picture of my Duck Shelf that I did a few weeks ago so I'll include it here.... I get a lot of compliments on the Duck Shelf .... the POM is one subscription that is worth the money spent.

Hi Sharon, pardon my ignorance but you referred to the POM subscription, what is that?

Griz64
11-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Sharon and Ike,
VEry nice work on both of your parts. I know I have said id before but it needs to be repeated...I am in complete awe

mtylerfl
11-14-2009, 08:15 AM
WOW, Sharon-what great work on all! I need to get out into the shop and try to get caught up with you! Very inspiring to see your excellent finishes, as well.

chebytrk
11-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi Sharon, pardon my ignorance but you referred to the POM subscription, what is that?

POM is the Project Of Month subscription. If you're not a member of that you really need to be. We get some of the best projects to make. Check it out on the Carvewright home page. The fee is well worth it.
JerryB

Woodhacker
11-14-2009, 01:11 PM
The Baby & Angel pattern was a shared pattern here on the forum.

Would you be willing to post your copy of this pattern?? I found it on the forum, but that one has some flaws in it. Your's looks flawless. It would be appreciated. Thanx!!

ajk
11-14-2009, 05:29 PM
sharon"
i love this painting tecnique. could you explain how?

ajk
11-14-2009, 05:30 PM
sharon"
i love this painting tecnique. could you explain how?
hilda

SharonB
11-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Boy, what a day....had a craft show and only sold two pieces. Lots of people looking but no one was really buying. Should have stayed home and spent the time out in the shop.

Woodhacker: The Angel/Baby was downloaded as a pattern file and I'm not sure how to upload it here. I could upload my plaque with the pattern on it (mpc) and you could possibly copy and paste the pattern....if that is allowed with a shared pattern. (I didn't do anything different with the pattern...used as downloaded and it came out beautiful.)

Hilda: There is no great secret to most of my painting. I like to use GOLDEN paints....that are called INTERFERENCE
paints. They come in several brilliant color: Violet, Blue, Green and Gold (those are the ones I have). The paints are a little spendy...but you use very little and get great results. For you the best way would be to order them over the internet right from the company.
I usually do several layers...Interference, clear coat, Interference, etc. until I get the effect I like. If it gets to bright you can always put a dark wash over the piece and wipe off as much as you want....because of the layers of clear coat. Hope that explains my method.
SharonB

Woodhacker
11-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Woodhacker: The Angel/Baby was downloaded as a pattern file and I'm not sure how to upload it here. I could upload my plaque with the pattern on it (mpc) and you could possibly copy and paste the pattern....if that is allowed with a shared pattern. (I didn't do anything different with the pattern...used as downloaded and it came out beautiful.)SharonB

Sharon, please upload the MPC file. I can copy out the pattern from it. Thanx a bunch.

ajk
11-15-2009, 08:18 AM
thanks Sharon. i will see to purchase. i like the effect.
hilda

dbfletcher
11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Woodhacker: Here is the mpc file....hope it helps. Have a nice day.

FYI....That is showing as a lisensed pattern in your mpc.

Doug Fletcher

SharonB
11-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Sorry...I removed it. I'll double check but I thought it was a shared pattern....guess I should be more careful in the future.

Woodhacker: If it is a purchased pattern just go to the pattern department and find it there.

Woodhacker
11-15-2009, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=SharonB;111522Woodhacker: If it is a purchased pattern just go to the pattern department and find it there.[/QUOTE]

Thank you fro trying. I don't wanna gt anyone in dutch on a licensed pattern. I will check out the pattern store and see if it is there. Thanx again!