PDA

View Full Version : About to run first full project.. take a look 4me?

jgowrie
11-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, I've been tinkering and tinkering and hemming and hawing and now it's time to just bite the bullet and run my first project.

The pattern is going to be run across two pieces of wood which will make a set of doors for a cabinet. I am attaching the .mpc files just incase I've done something wrong someone might notice it.

I placed the full pattern on the blank, and lined it up so half is showing. From what I understand, only the portion of the pattern showing up on the virtual board will carve into the surface.

The finished doors are going to be cut and edged by hand to 32" high by 12" wide.

I'm going out to clean the machine and get ready :mrgreen:

john

cnsranch
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Looks good to me - be sure and post pics.

chebytrk
11-13-2009, 02:21 PM
I didn't think people still drank that stuff! :D Reminds me of Pearl, Hamms, Milwauke and Farbacher.

jgowrie
11-13-2009, 03:10 PM
ha! don't forget Genesee Cream Ale! "Gene Screamers" as we used to call them.. if you ever drank a six pack you'll probably know the after effects felt the next day is where that nickname came from ;)

Thanks, Jerry. Well the machine is all cleaned out and I'm loading the program and gonna give it a run.

Hope to have successful picts of the left door tomorrow. I wanted to run it tonight but each door will take 3 hours and I'm going out in about 2 :( .

jgowrie
11-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Since this pattern is going on the edge of the door, the machine is asking me if I want to proceed without auto-jigging. I chose to ignore the potential roller conflict because I'm pretty sure that I have that pattern set to "engrave" into the surface as opposed to carve out the surface around, which would then probably create a problem with the rollers.

Am I correct with my choice to ignore?

And.. if I was to choose "auto-Jig". What does the machine do, set the pattern back off the edge so a strip of wood is left to support the roller?

Chief
11-14-2009, 12:06 AM
John,

You must be one helluvan artist. I think you have designed a neat logo. How did you do the outer looop?

Chief

TIMCOSBY
11-14-2009, 11:37 PM
about the auto jig. there is plenty on board surface left for the rollers. i have found that a 1/2" on each side or 2" any where on the board is enough.