PDA

View Full Version : Here's a great deal on a probe that hasn't been taken out of the box

Fletcher
11-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Good deal for anybody looking....

http://cgi.ebay.com/CarveWright-3-D-Scanning-Probe_W0QQitemZ320448275071QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRout ers_Bits?hash=item4a9c34a27f#ht_500wt_1043

ajk
11-13-2009, 10:09 AM
if i buy there is no problem to use

dbfletcher
11-13-2009, 10:26 AM
if i buy there is no problem to use

I dont remember if the probe is register by the serial number on it.. or if there is a serial number for the software. Either way I would want more infomration from the seller with thoses serial numbers and call LHR to verify that is had not be registered. Actually Im not entirely sure they allow any transfer of software items once they have been purchased (registered or unregistered). Perhaps and LHR staff member could clarify if buying an unregisitered software items from a third party is OK or if software is NEVER transferable period.

Doug Fletcher

Fletcher
11-13-2009, 10:32 AM
I'd be willing to bet that if it hasn't been installed and registered, it should be fine. Why would LHR care who registers it as long as it is registered. I too would check with LHR though to make sure it wasn't reg'd already. I already have a probe so I just thought I'd share this here as it's a pretty good deal with no bids....
:D

Fletcher
11-13-2009, 10:33 AM
I dont remember if the probe is register by the serial number on it.. or if there is a serial number for the software. Either way I would want more infomration from the seller with thoses serial numbers and call LHR to verify that is had not be registered. Actually Im not entirely sure they allow any transfer of software items once they have been purchased (registered or unregistered). Perhaps and LHR staff member could clarify if buying an unregisitered software items from a third party is OK or if software is NEVER transferable period.

Doug Fletcher

Hey Doug,
It's the software that gets registered from what I remember when I set mine up...

hogiewan
11-13-2009, 10:38 AM
If they registered that software, you'll have to buy another copy, which costs the same as buying it with a new probe