PDA

View Full Version : thanks to Vets

hess
11-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Sorry Im late but with all going on the last 2 days I missed it.

Thanks to ALL who served now or in the past to allow us the freedoms we have even the big one we all use each day here. Speech

From a vet to all thanks

JMD
11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
No one ever said thanks when I got home in 1968. My thanks to all the vets too.

twiceretired
11-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Correct, not a person, I wasn’t looking for praise. Quickly changed out of uniform and went on my way. Thank God it’s different now. I also want to express my appreciation to all that served.

Gary Koval
11-12-2009, 06:01 PM
To all VETS- Past, Present, Future,
Thank-you, we love ya!!!
Gary
Army '72-'74

Twice retired beat me to it, okay I 4th that!

DocWheeler
11-12-2009, 06:10 PM
I would like to add my thanks to this list who think our armed services are due the respect of the Citizens of the USA.

I would also like to extend my thanks to those who are members of the
"Oath Keepers" whether or not you are in the military.

Digitalwoodshop
11-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Same here, Welcome Home Vet's.... And THANKS !!!!!

AL

US Navy Retired
FCC(SW)

Yes your Tax Dollars paid for this Electronic Education.... In my Career, I had over 100 weeks of sit down classroom electronic training starting with Vacuum Tubes in 1976 to Computer Microprocessors in 1992.... That does not include the 3 years I spent as a Electronics Instructor at Great Lakes Fire Control School 1985-87. :mrgreen:

The Gray box is a Gun Director with a Radar on top. Picture 2 1977 Yokosuka, Japan, Chipping and Painting. The Director is Gyro stabilized at sea and can take a 30 degree roll... My first Computer... MK 47 Analog Gun Fire Control Computer... The last picture is my first Digital Computer 1984, I was a student then... This is what I was a electronics instructor on when I made E7.

The older I get the better I was......

SteveEJ
11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Add my thanks as well! Freedom is Not Free! The idots in Washington still do not realize that..

TSGT USAF
April 1975-August 1982

wasacop75
11-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Thank you to all who serve, who have served, and those who will serve in the future.

Oct 74 till now and still serving.

Will retire as a Major, now a 1SG.

Been to Iraq twice, this time next year will probably be Afghanistan.

Thank you for those who have made this the land of the free. It is because of the brave and always will be.

Politicians should have to serve in a combat zone or at least in the military before deciding on how to run the military.

chebytrk
11-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Thank you to all who serve, who have served, and those who will serve in the future.

Oct 74 till now and still serving.

Will retire as a Major, now a 1SG.

Been to Iraq twice, this time next year will probably be Afghanistan.

Thank you for those who have made this the land of the free. It is because of the brave and always will be.

Politicians should have to serve in a combat zone or at least in the military before deciding on how to run the military.

Thank you for your service Top. God Bless you and the rest of our troops.
JerryB
US Army (retired)
SFC

brdad
11-15-2009, 06:19 AM
I'm late too, but in reality any day is worthy of thanking those who protect or have protected our freedoms and sacrificed so much so that we can do something as trivial as carving doodads out of wood.

Thanks!

jab73180
11-15-2009, 07:56 AM
quite a walk through time there AL THANX TO ALL VETS

Same here, Welcome Home Vet's.... And THANKS !!!!!

AL

US Navy Retired
FCC(SW)

Yes your Tax Dollars paid for this Electronic Education.... In my Career, I had over 100 weeks of sit down classroom electronic training starting with Vacuum Tubes in 1976 to Computer Microprocessors in 1992.... That does not include the 3 years I spent as a Electronics Instructor at Great Lakes Fire Control School 1985-87. :mrgreen:

The Gray box is a Gun Director with a Radar on top. Picture 2 1977 Yokosuka, Japan, Chipping and Painting. The Director is Gyro stabilized at sea and can take a 30 degree roll... My first Computer... MK 47 Analog Gun Fire Control Computer... The last picture is my first Digital Computer 1984, I was a student then... This is what I was a electronics instructor on when I made E7.

The older I get the better I was......