PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card

rncurrie
11-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Last week I ordered a new card, when it arrived I couldn't push into the CC or card reader without extreme pressure. Then its almost impossible to pull out.
I contacted the company about it through there contact line on the computer. Today I received their answer, "The only thing that would cause the card to behave this way is improper insertion." I called the company to explain the problem (got through on the first call) the response I got was word for word of the email. I asked maybe QC was bad was told it would not be sent out if it didn't pass QC.Has anyone got any ideas on this card? I sure would like to use it with less hassels.
Richard

Woodhacker
11-12-2009, 03:01 PM
had a little trouble pushing my card into the slot in the machine sometimes. It just takes a little fiddling with it to make it go in. Have never had a time when it actually wouldn't go in. Hope this helps.

mtylerfl
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello Richard,

The card does not require anything close to "extreme pressure" to plug in - unless there is a dead lizard or something inside the slot blocking the receptacle! You may laugh, but we DO have lizards in my area that crawl into every nook they can find!

Sure sounds like you just don't have it aligned with the guide grooves that are on either side of the slot. If you feel any resistance, don't force it - just try again but be extra careful that it is aligned. You only need to apply a small amount of force to seat it into the receptacle after it is inserted nearly all the way.