PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Question

chkorte
11-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Can someone explain what the difference is between MPC, MPW, PTN and STL on the pattern link?

cnsranch
11-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Can someone explain what the difference is between MPC, MPW, PTN and STL on the pattern link?

MPC - Project designed, saved, and ready to carve.

MPW - a design that can be changed/altered.

PTN - a pattern that can be downloaded and used in an MPC.

STL - deals with the 3d software add-on.

chkorte
11-12-2009, 12:27 PM
THANK YOU, That helps. I found some patterns and have been looking at them. I can open the MPC and PTN but when I try a MPW I get nothing.

MPW - a design that can be changed/altered.

PTN - a pattern that can be downloaded and used in an MPC.

dbfletcher
11-12-2009, 12:29 PM

MPW - a design that can be changed/altered. - if you have pattern editor

PTN - a pattern that can be downloaded and used in an MPC. - if you created it you can also edit it in pattern editor

Just added a few comments in red to help clarify.

Doug Fletcher

temler
12-11-2009, 08:53 PM
what if someone did a PTN for you with a design you gave them does that mean you can not make any changes to it?

dbfletcher
12-11-2009, 08:58 PM
what if someone did a PTN for you with a design you gave them does that mean you can not make any changes to it?

If you have pattern editor and they also gave you the mpw you could edit it. Otherwise if they created teh ptn for you, unfortunately, with the scheme LHR is currently using, I dont think there is a way for you to modify anything on that ptn.

Doug Fletcher

Ike
12-11-2009, 08:59 PM

You are correct once a person makes a ptn only the maker can make changes to that pattern.

Ike

hrlevill
09-07-2015, 02:17 PM
I have taken PTN that BJB has done for me.many times transferd them.to.my favorites file and made changes in them and worked fine for me

bergerud
09-07-2015, 02:25 PM
The original pattern from BJB was a gray scale (.png) I bet. You can import a .png, make it a pattern, and it is as if it was yours. If you import a .ptn, however, you cannot edit it. Here are two examples of the same pattern in each format.