PDA

View Full Version : board sensor error

CraigR
11-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Has anybody had a bunch more board sensor errors since updating the software.It seems like no matter what the board oak,pine, It just will not measure the dang board. I have cleaned the sensor so many time you could eat off it. I tried putting tape on the board (masking & duct) and even gluing paper to it and still get the same thing. A couple weeks ago I went back to an older version of the software and it worked but I would like to be using the newer stuff since some shared patterns are made with it.:mad:

dbfletcher
11-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Has anybody had a bunch more board sensor errors since updating the software.It seems like no matter what the board oak,pine, It just will not measure the dang board. I have cleaned the sensor so many time you could eat off it. I tried putting tape on the board (masking & duct) and even gluing paper to it and still get the same thing. A couple weeks ago I went back to an older version of the software and it worked but I would like to be using the newer stuff since some shared patterns are made with it.:mad:

Have you tried the white paper test to see what your reading are? Last time I had issues, I had to take the sensor apart and clean the little plastic window on the inside. There was some very fine dust that was causing my white paper reading to be lower than i expected. After cleaning and re-assembling all was well.

Doug Fletcher

CraigR
11-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I took out the sensor and it's clean and I glued white paper to the board and got the same stuff. Might try a new sensor I guess. Seems like I bought a Ford with this machine. Fix Or Repair Daily.

dbfletcher
11-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I took out the sensor and it's clean and I glued white paper to the board and got the same stuff. Might try a new sensor I guess. Seems like I bought a Ford with this machine. Fix Or Repair Daily.

what was your white paper reading? I think it should be 140ish or above. If it is lower than that then I would suspect dirt or failing/dim led.

Doug Fletcher

Ike
11-12-2009, 01:53 PM

Hey now Craig no bashing Fords!!! Now Dodge is ok! I own all GM vehicles.... how did that happen?

That is my biggest issue is the board sensor. I always thought it is because I use only redwood and the dust is so fine. I did something I was proud to say that never happened before! On my new CC I melted my flex cable housing! I used a pre lubed flex cable with moly and looks like it wasn't enough!

I am using up all my spare parts! Oh back to the board sensor I had to replace my sensor on the CW. I suggest you clean the new sensor after every cleaning or so. Plus when you order a new sensor order another one or two just in case.

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Your board sensor could be the old version that does not have the smear of glue around the circuit board to seal the board to the black plastic holder AND keep the dust out.... Dust gets in on the back of the board sensor that little cover that I use a knife to slice down the back and cut it off. I then slide the window out and clean it and use masking tape to seal the back catching the edge of the plastic window. Been about 9 months on this repaired one in the picture and no errors.

I bet you have a board sensor that has one of the two LED's broken off...

Do the white paper thing and 140 and above your good.... Less than 140 you will get a problem with real wood. Remember to do a quick check of the rollers on options and sensor data.... A Stuck roller will never turn on the board sensor and you get a problem reading board length.

The paper thing is just a standard... Your paper is the same as my paper.... Makes the numbers standard.... Wood can be any color....

I also had a problem with the board detector cable being pulled down by me and pinching the wire between the plastic and metal edge. It wore thought the wire insulation and shorted the sensor out.

I recommend anyone buying a board sensor to also but a EXTRA board sensor cable. This way you can unplug the board detector cable up top of the Y Truck and plug in the spare cable and your new sensor. Lets you check a sensor easier and acts as a troubleshooting tool to prove if the wire inside the Y is pinched.

Some pictures...

AL