PDA

View Full Version : Rip Cut / Cross Cut

ckrantz
11-12-2009, 08:31 AM
When I use the menu "Cross Cut" It cuts the entire width in one shot on a .75 thick board. I'm sitting here watching this cut a piece of oak.. just waiting for the bit to snap in half. Is there a way to make this a 2 pass cut???

I don't even want to attempt a rip.. does the rip cut, cut in the same one cut fashion?

fwharris
11-12-2009, 09:27 AM
When I use the menu "Cross Cut" It cuts the entire width in one shot on a .75 thick board. I'm sitting here watching this cut a piece of oak.. just waiting for the bit to snap in half. Is there a way to make this a 2 pass cut???

I don't even want to attempt a rip.. does the rip cut, cut in the same one cut fashion?

I think there is an option to set the cut depth per pass on the machine for the built in functions. I am not at the machine right now so I can not give you the exact steps to get there. I will update when I find it..

RMarkey
11-12-2009, 10:13 AM
From the main menu, select 0-5-6.

dbfletcher
11-12-2009, 10:14 AM
From the main menu, select 0-5-6.

Is that a new option with the lastest firmware... or has it always been there and I just never realized it?

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

RMarkey
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
been there since at least 1.134. Only works w/ cut/rip ops, though. Doesn't work with miter.

ckrantz
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Thank you, I'll check that out. I really haven't spent much time on the keypad. Is 0 how you access some type of menu? I was curious how to find the hours and stuff like that on the machine.

fwharris
11-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Thank you, I'll check that out. I really haven't spent much time on the keypad. Is 0 how you access some type of menu? I was curious how to find the hours and stuff like that on the machine.

Yes "0" give you access to other menu options. See the manual for more detailed info about what it shows..

ckrantz
11-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Yes I went through the menu. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you