PDA

View Full Version : Flipper, not the dophin.

darmstrong
11-11-2009, 06:47 PM
OK guys. Just got the machine back together with a new flex shaft. First project went OK. On the next one, once the bit is installed and the bit goes to the far side of the machine, the little flipper does not come out to check the bit setting. (Don't know the correct nomenclature of the part.:D) It was working fine before. Any ideas.

Thanks.

fwharris
11-11-2009, 06:56 PM
The bit plate!!

Most probable cause since you had the top off, guessing on that one.
Check to see it the wires coming off of the cut motor, far back right hand side, are hitting the back of the z motor. With the power off, move the truck over to the bit plate side. They might have to be re positioned to keep them out of the way.

want2b
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Have to agree, the way the wires come down if the clip holding them is not fastened properly to the head mechanism will stop the head from going over far enought to activate the but plate. Mine came back when I shipped it back for a problem with the plastic 'holding.containment' part gone and the wiring pushed back and held in place by a high quality tape. Hasn't been a problem in six months, I watch it every time just in case.
Rick H

darmstrong
11-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Popped the cover and tried sliding the head over. For some reason it just did not want to make contact with the flipper. I tried moving the wires but saw no interference. So I gave the flipper a shot of oil, Slick 50. It is running now but I still have to replace to cover. So we'll see what happens then.

Thanks, I hope. Where is the fingers crossed smilie?

Digitalwoodshop
11-11-2009, 07:23 PM
On all my machines I have a piece of foam holding the flipper... Bit Plate out all the time... It is just one less thing to deal with.... Unless you cut a 14.5 inch wide board your good...

The wires need to be tucked in a sweet spot in the back to prevent it from being hit by the back of the Z motor cooling fins.

AL

dbfletcher
11-11-2009, 07:28 PM
On all my machines I have a piece of foam holding the flipper... Bit Plate out all the time... It is just one less thing to deal with.... Unless you cut a 14.5 inch wide board your good...

The wires need to be tucked in a sweet spot in the back to prevent it from being hit by the back of the Z motor cooling fins.

AL

ditto... i tried for months and months to get that blasted thing to work right. In the end I just did was ken said...little peice of foam.. no worries.

Doug Fletcher

darmstrong
11-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I re-tightened the cover and carefully made sure that the wires were bent back out of the way. Man the cover is tight, you really have to press hard down to flex it enough to get the two screws in on the side. There is no slack built into the cover and the metal frame that it hits. Pretty tight tolerance.

But it is working again. Thanks guys!!