PDA

View Full Version : It's that time once again! :)

geekviking
11-11-2009, 01:36 PM
To play America's favorite Carvewright Gameshow -

NAME THAT PART! :cool:

Can anyone put a name/part # to this little goodie I found sitting in my machine? 8)

cnsranch
11-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Looks like a quarter.

mtylerfl
11-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Looks like a quarter.

That's what it looks like to me too. ;)

(Seriously, I can't see that teeny piece well enough in the photo to identify it. At first, it looked like a broken plastic piece from a hinge, but the second photo makes it appear like a metallic part - sorry - I can't tell exactly what that is.)

dbfletcher
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
When I got my "used" machine, it looks a lot like the littel metal "clip" that was on the plastic piece by the brass roller. I has assumed the previous owner put that on there to help stop the bit from drilling a hole though that piece when the bit doesnt get stopped before touching down by the brass roller. It isn't on my first machine... but it sure does look like your posted pic.

Did LHR EVER include such a device?

Doug Fletcher

PS. Also now that i look again it even looks like the 1/8 cutting bit had touched down on it. But then again it might just be a hole.

geekviking
11-11-2009, 03:51 PM
I found it on the little plastic ledge by the brass roller, it was hanging sideways, and I think it just sits on top of that little plastic ledge. It does look like a bit has been touching down on it... Wonder if it needs to be glued down or something? By the way, did you guys click the picture to bring up the bigger pic? :)

Thanks!

mtylerfl
11-11-2009, 04:00 PM
By the way, did you guys click the picture to bring up the bigger pic? :)

Thanks!

Yes, I did anyway. Still couldn't quite see enough detail to recognize it - probably just me and my eyes!

dbfletcher
11-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I found it on the little plastic ledge by the brass roller, it was hanging sideways, and I think it just sits on top of that little plastic ledge. It does look like a bit has been touching down on it... Wonder if it needs to be glued down or something? By the way, did you guys click the picture to bring up the bigger pic? :)

Thanks!

FWIW the one in my machine wasn't glued or affixed in any way that i could tell either.. it just "sat" there. But, i liked it so much, i fabricated another one for my other machine. I haven't had to "epoxy" that plastic plate once since I did that about 4 months ago.

Doug Fletcher