PDA

View Full Version : CW software and WIndows 7

will george
11-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes, I should just call CW technical support but I thought I'd ask here first if anybody has and what the outcome was. Not Windows 7 as such, but if you had licence issues after installing.

I have not seen any posts on this subject. I have other expensive software that I have the same question about. Now off to make the rounds of those forums..

Jeff_Birt
11-11-2009, 10:40 AM
There was a thread about this a few weeks ago. While you probably will not have an issue it is possible you will have to call CW SW support and get them to reissue a license file for your computer. (Sometimes different drivers used on a new OS may cause the code that is used to generate your machine ID to come back with a different number.

will george
11-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the insight.

sk8nmike
11-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I upgraded to Windows 7 last week, customer install. I had to reinstall the Carvewright software, but had no problems re-registering.

Kenm810
11-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks guys,

I have Windows 7 still in the box on the corner of my desk,
I've just been waiting for a few encouraging posts before I crack the seal on it. :wink:

WRW
11-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I did a fresh install of windows 7 on my system and there was no need to change license inforation it all stayed the same.

STEAM
11-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I have been running W7 for over a month and have had no problems with Designer. I too did a clean install and re-installed Designer. When it ask to register I did it online without any problems at all.

STEAM
11-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks guys,

I have Windows 7 still in the box on the corner of my desk,
I've just been waiting for a few encouraging posts before I crack the seal on it. :wink:

Ken
You should open that puppy up and install it! I personally love W7. I have had no problems what so ever. My computer runs much faster now.
Microsoft has improved the driver base and everything I have installed in my computer was recognized on the first boot. I have never had an OS to be so trouble free.

DocWheeler
11-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Just for the record, I installed the Upgrade last Sunday without too much problem. Three programs that were not compatible and a long time backing up my files just in case.

Shacky
11-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I've been running Windows 7 for 6 months now and I love it. Better than XP and much better than Vista.

SteveEJ
11-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I bought the Family 3 pack upgrade for $149 and installed/upgraded Vista Home Premium. It took a while as I had a few other programs that need upgrading but since then it has been very stable and NO issues with Designer at all.

RayTrek
11-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Before I loaded up 1.153 on Windows 7, I came to the family to see what’s up and I realized again how much info is here, I love this place.
By the way the software loaded great and the licensing went great to, I think designer is running way better then it was in XP.
It was your comments here that pushed me forward with the new OS.
Thanks Heeps ~ Ray

murph
11-22-2009, 11:16 AM
I have a new Toshiba laptop running windowes7 and designer works fine. Two days ago I got an alert from Toshiba that my laptop required a bios upgrade. Once upgraded I found that my computer ID number had changed and designer no longer shows a license file for the computer. I have e-mailed CW and asked them to correct the ID number so I can get back to work. Because it was a friday I guess I won't get the change until next week. I would like to see CW change the license file so we could edit the ID number when needed. Now you can edit the name of the pc but not any other info. This change would allow us to change computers or re-establish our licenses on two PC's when we upgrade or change operating systems.

seabass
11-22-2009, 11:19 AM
His issue is the bios upgrade not the Windows 7. To designer after the bios change it just looks like a different computer.

MCGEE2SKINNER
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi
I Just Upgraded To A New Mother Board And Hard Drive And Processor. One Call To Cw And 5 Minutes I Was Finished And Everything Worked Great With Windows 7.
Jim