PDA

View Full Version : Starts in scan area mode?

Shawnf2
11-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi, I just bought a used second machine to repair and when i turn it on it goes straight to accessory mode"scan area"? and I cant bring up the project screen any ideas?

Shawnf2
11-10-2009, 12:15 PM
never mind i got it

Digitalwoodshop
11-10-2009, 12:47 PM
For anyone searching and finding this.... After the Z Bundle upgrade the machine will come up in Scan Area so you can set it to use the Probe Data from the cover. You do this in setup. There is a Y in the road.... Select Probe Data from the Truck or Cover... You need Cover Selected.

AL

mtylerfl
11-10-2009, 01:29 PM
A little more detail...

After you put your card in the machine, turn the machine on. It should say “Scan Area”. Press “0”. Using an arrow key, scroll down to number 5, User Options. Then, scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of Z truck.

Shawnf2
11-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah I thought of that after i posted this Thanks guys. On my other machine i'm am just getting z axis stall error 309 what is that never heard of 309 dang thing doesnt even move tho like its dead,changed the motor still the same 309.

Thank
Shawn

mtylerfl
11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi Shawn - here's a link to a fairly recent discussion on that error...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13083&highlight=error+309

chebytrk
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah I thought of that after i posted this Thanks guys. On my other machine i'm am just getting z axis stall error 309 what is that never heard of 309 dang thing doesnt even move tho like its dead,changed the motor still the same 309.

Thank
Shawn

Hey Shawn I've gotten that a couple of times and so far (knock on wood) I've played with the CW that the error goes away. Everything from blowing everything out (especially the rollers by pushing them up and down while putting a blower hose on them). Did all the other obvious stuff... o ring, masking tape, filling small drill hole in plastic (with glue) next to the brass roller. After doing that a couple of times, my error 309 goes away. Shhhh don't let my CW hear ! ha I call her Shanita cause it's always "She needs a this" and "she needs a that". Just like my ol' Army 3/4 ton truck with the tire mounted on the driver side door . ... B99 (Shanita).:D

Shawnf2
11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Wish i can get a hint of something tried changing motors replace 14 pin cable all i get when i hit a project to start is a small jerk from the z truck and then the z axis stall error 309.ugggh!!!