PDA

View Full Version : bearing loose

DRIVENSPIKES
11-08-2009, 07:21 PM
i have a problem with my one of my bearing on my machine. it isn't tight and its not ajustable. i'm not sure what u call it but it is one of the four that holds it to the rail as the cutting head moves left to right. it is the left bottom one. the screw in it will not turn. i have replaced my board sensor before. i couldn't move it from the back side then. do i have to drill it out and order another one. i am guessing it has some kinda glue in it.u can move the bearing and see the screw wiggle .do i just need to take the machine apart and try to tighten it. and if i do mess it up then order another. the machine works. but it has some play in it.

mtylerfl
11-09-2009, 09:59 AM
i have a problem with my one of my bearing on my machine. it isn't tight and its not ajustable. i'm not sure what u call it but it is one of the four that holds it to the rail as the cutting head moves left to right. it is the left bottom one. the screw in it will not turn. i have replaced my board sensor before. i couldn't move it from the back side then. do i have to drill it out and order another one. i am guessing it has some kinda glue in it.u can move the bearing and see the screw wiggle .do i just need to take the machine apart and try to tighten it. and if i do mess it up then order another. the machine works. but it has some play in it.

Hello,

It is adjustable with a flat wrench. You turn the hex nut, not the screw (the screw has permanent Red Loctite on it - don't try to turn it - it may break the head off). There is a PDF on installing a Z-truck that will describe the process of bearing adjustment at this link...

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/customer_service

Wilbur
11-09-2009, 10:13 AM
That is not adjustable. It may be the one on the right that needs adjusting. I just went through this.

I have never had the left to be loose. Hold your hand on the left side of the truck and push it against the rail, then check the right to see if it is loose.

This would be for the Z truck up an down

For the Y truck do the same thing except push up on the bottom and check the top bearing.

There is a nut on the bearing that will tighten the bearing to the rail. If that does not work you will need to tighten the screw holding the nut on the bearing.

Use a good screw driver that fits the screw good. this screw is tight.

See my site where I have poster this along with everything that I have had to do with my machine.

Wilbur

DRIVENSPIKES
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
what is the site. i would like to see.

Wilbur
11-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Sorry. I though I had posted it. http://www.angelfire.com/sc/candlemaker/CarveWright.html

Goes through everything that happened to me with the machine from day one to now.

Wilbur