PDA

View Full Version : Z axis stall error 299

jab73180
11-08-2009, 05:37 PM
hey there fellow trouble shooters,
i got a Z axis stall error 299 tonight. i was carving the back of a project which had a eagle head pattern and centerline text. it made it through the pattern ok and halfway through the text i got the error message. i am running the current versions of software and firmware. before i started the project the machine was clean and i have installed a brand new flexshaft with the proper lube with moly and a rock chuck. the only thing about the shaft is that i let it set in the lube a long time and didnt let it drip dry long, i did wipe it down in good shape, but noticed a little bit of drool coming out the end of the shaft into the top hat. i know shame on me but got what i could removed from the top hat. after the message i could move everything in all directions, the bars are clear of pitch, and it didnt appear to be anything in the belts, but gave it another vac job anyway. i havent taken the bearing wipers off yet to see what is under them lurking in the shadows. could it be a problem with the wipers, belts, or should i hit it with some air? i couldnt find anything on the search feature for "Z axis stall error 299", any info would be appreciated. a call to LHR will be coming up to because i think i still have a lil bit of warranty left.

Mustchpete
11-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Not sure if this will mean anything, I got the Y axis error 299 when carving, turned out the sleve on the drive cable was slipping. I would clean it all and lube it, then notice when I loaded a bit it was not turning during the load cylce.

jab73180
11-09-2009, 06:40 PM
just got off the phone with LHR. we ran some tests and everything looked pretty good according to the tech. the only thing that was a lil off was the belt tension. i fixed that in short order and didnt help my problem.

jab73180
11-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey AL have you taken a look at this thread yet.

Eagle Hollow
11-10-2009, 06:10 AM
I had the problem on my last project. Did a thorough cleaning of the z-truck bearings and track, checked for obstructions on the drive belt...restarted project three times. It carved for a while and shut down. Fixed the problem by taking the cover off the z motor and cleaning out the saw dust. Finished the 3 hour 37 min. carve problem free. The encoder HAS to be readable...can't do it through sawdust.

jab73180
11-11-2009, 06:27 PM
well got off the phone again with LHR. found a couple problems that they are addressing. first problem i saw that is related with an error 299 is i saw a nick in the FCC cable. i dont know if it was deep enough to bother but seems to be. the second problem i see is that the X encoder motor disc was warped and hitting the black reader. LHR is sending the stuff UPS and then i will fix it. My machine should work for like 20 minutes now.

jab73180
11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
well after LHR forgot to send my parts after a few days, i got a new FCC cable and a new Z encoder motor. put them in, and its carving away. knock on wood no problems yet. right now i am carving the tic tac toe board with an eagles head and the customers name on the top.