PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Cabinets

Frederick_P
11-06-2009, 07:38 PM
A while back I was in a thread that talked about restarting a carve. I had some purple heart bordered by oak and was asked to post some pics when I was a little further on. Well, I have finished one row of cabinets for over the stove area and I thought I would keep you updated as the the progress. I already have started on the next row and will post some more pics when I am done. Thanks for all the help on this!

Frederick_P
11-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Here are a couple more.

Frederick_P
11-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Hmmm... maybe this one will take...

WRW
11-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi Frederick
Thats going to be one great looking kitchen.
Sent you and email as well.
Talk to you soon.

c6craig
11-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Frederick -

Um..Ahhh..WOW. Those are some uhhhh stunning cabinets. :shock:

Geez I don't know why I can't quite focus on them....:p

LOL Seriously, beautiful job, Anyone would be proud to have those, I bet they will be an absolute conversation piece. My hat is off to you sir...

Craig

Ike
11-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Fredrick outstanding! I take you made all these doors using the CW only? Well for the carving that is!

Ike

PCW
11-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Frederick,

The combination of the oak and purple heart is stunning to say the least. Love the carving and the beautiful lady sets the stage for top shelf material.

STEAM
11-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Frederick
The cabinets are great. Very nice design and craftsmanship. I wouldn't mind having some like those in our kitchen.

fwharris
11-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Frederick,

Excellent job on the cabinets!!!

RayTrek
11-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Frederick

Those are some very nice looking cabinets love the wood mix and your attention to detail with design and finishing.
The display you present for us is inspiring, and very professional.
Thank you for sharing your project.
Ray

Frederick_P
11-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Awww....shucks! Thanks guys! I had my wife model with them to give the cabinets some scale in the photos as they are designed to go to the ceiling. While she was hesitant when I first bought the machine, she is a huge fan now and has all sorts of plans for new projects. I am thinking of designing a carved wooden purse! :-)

I have made a dust collector that sucks up almost 100% of the dust. Now I don't have to worry about stopping the machine mid carve to clean it out. Carving one of these large doors takes the machine seven hours on Optimal and the purple heart is so hard that the dust is like talcum powder. But now the machine looks as clean after the carve as when I started. I will snap some pics of the setup and post them when I have the chance.

Griz64
11-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I am truly inspired and in complete awe. Those are truly beautiful works of art.

twiceretired
11-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Frederick, the cabinets are beautiful. It is very clear that your eye for beauty and perfection has transcended to the CW. Please post the finished project.