PDA

View Full Version : Santa's Wooden Reindeer

RayTrek
11-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Ho, Ho, Ho,

I have been busy with so many projects and finally was able to carve this one up yesterday I would have to say this one was exciting and fun for me, inspired from all of your wonderful sharing of ideas and projects I would like to share it with you.

Santa’s Wooden Reindeer; is a two side and 2 half glue up project, The MPC is the one I carved and I cut it out on a scroll saw with very little sanding, 9.5” tall and 5.5” wide. The overall carve time set at best was about 3.5 hours on select pine I really like the place taps tool in designer it made the supports for the legs and antlers easy, the first time I have used it. Put some amber shellac on the two half’s and the back side antlers and legs let set for an hour and glued it up let set for another hour and sanded the edges with a dermal drum sander and touched up the shellac let set, Painted some transparent and pearls – sunrise yellow, pearl white, iridescent bright gold, and a hind of pearl red, they are blended for the colors I was looking for. Looked threw that box with the old broken jewelry stuff and fund a chain and stone to add on it with hot glue. And put two light coats of clear that will also help hold the chain and stone in place.

Yes I know I am really into Christmas projects at this time I am up to 95 painted ornaments and have more in design to carve, Yepers ~ to much fun.

Please if any of you carve this, display yours here love to see what you do with it.

And A Good Day To All. ~ Ray
Ver. 1.153

SharonB
11-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Ray...this is one pattern that I have to carve before the week is out. I'm working on an enlarged version of the Tripolet game from another thread and once that is finished your Santa-Deer will go into the machine. Thanks for sharing. SharonB

James RS
11-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Great job! thanks for sharing

Woodhacker
11-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanx and a tip o' the hat for sharing this one, Ray. I will definately carve it. It is things like this that give me the inspiration to keep on learning. Thanx again.

PCW
11-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Ray,

Beautiful job.

RayTrek
11-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Thank you for your comments and I cannot wait to see yours.
I hope to carve some more for gifts, it is fun for me to have people look forward to having a carving of mine instead of some china made gift.
Tip of the day ~ Enjoy every Minute.
Ray