PDA

View Full Version : Have pressure issues

Ike
11-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I got my refurb. CC today and my CW must be jealous! Now my CW is acting up I crank down the head and no clicking! Then I was making a last supper project and it was stuck on 31% complete and would not go pass it.

I was having back rollers problems earlier and board sensor so I replaced the board sensor and cleaned the roller. So I don't know if it is still a roller issue or what?

Ike

Ike
11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Good gravy no help? Not even from Al? Why would the machine stay at 31% and not continue to move cutting the same section. Like I said when I crank in down it does not click and I go as far as I think it should go. Then it tells me to load board so I go a little more until it tells me to press enter. Then it goes through the measuring and at the last after loading bits spits the board out.

Normally I do not use the rollers and I am making the POM so I need the rollers. I did get the stuck roller message. I moved the roller up a few time saw dust fell out. Then a back roller message came up.

I am at a lost of even howw to search for this?

Ike

fwharris
11-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Ike,

I'll jump in!!!

What is the head pressure reading with your scale?

Have you checked the head for level? Not yours!! the machine!! LOL I know yours is probably spinning now with this this issue!!

If the handle will not click at all you might be putting to much pressure on the rollers, x grears and board. I would check to see if the crank needs lubed or cleaned.

c6craig
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Ike -

That's what it was with mine. The head pressure was so high it compressed the rollers too much and I would get tracking errors and back roller stuck errors one after the next. I cleaned and relubed all the posts, took the side off the machine and cleaned the rollers real well by moving them up and down and spraying compressed air. I also did this from the inside.

It worked for a carve or two, but keeps going back to the same thing. My head pressure is still way too high. This is my black sheep that I still have not gotten around to shipping back to LHR.

Good luck with yours, I think if you can solve the head pressure issue you will have it beat.

Craig

Ike
11-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Ike -

That's what it was with mine. The head pressure was so high it compressed the rollers too much and I would get tracking errors and back roller stuck errors one after the next. I cleaned and relubed all the posts, took the side off the machine and cleaned the rollers real well by moving them up and down and spraying compressed air. I also did this from the inside.

It worked for a carve or two, but keeps going back to the same thing. My head pressure is still way too high. This is my black sheep that I still have not gotten around to shipping back to LHR.

Good luck with yours, I think if you can solve the head pressure issue you will have it beat.

Craig

Ugh that is what is going on! And yes FW my head is un-level I not sure about the machine! I did re-grease the gears. Sounds like I need to do some cleaning and hope I don't have a black sheep! It is out of warranty... I think? Guess I need to check my registration. Anyway it has been great until my new CC arrived must be jealous!!

It has been working I was carving the trout clock and because of my ignorance I stopped the project after it carved the back side first and I thought it left out the rocks and base! But I wonder why it seem stuck on 31% of the last supper project?

My CC worked great all day!!! It is so dusty I need to clean it well and break down and build a dust collector. I asked the wife about your DC FW, but I can't buy anything until I sell my extra tools! I guess I a new CC, POM and couple more projects is my limit!

I am happy with my new CC, it was delivered in great same. Then going through the check all the accessories were still in their original packages except the software CD was open. Then I noticed boy there is a lot of packing grease still in the machine. Well for good reason, cut hours 20 min. scan hours zero, power on 25 min! I basically got a new machine!! The buyer must have looked at the software and gave up? Because they never used the machine unless it isn't test for 20 min. at the factory anymore!

Well tomorrow I will give it a good cleaning I only have ran reclaimed old growth redwood through it and it produces very fine dust. So I hope I hope a good cleaning is all it needs! I also need to make enough projects for an upcoming craft show.

Thank you FW and Craig!

Ike

c6craig
11-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Good luck buddy, I'm sure a good cleaning will get you back up and running!

Craig

fwharris
11-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I agree with both of you on the cleaning. Time to break it down for a good clean and lube. I would even go as far as taking the crank handle off and clean it and the gears.

Good thing you got the CC now. Keep it carving while you get this one back into carving condition.

Ike
11-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I will give it a whirl tomorrow! It has been a great machine I have made several signs so it is due for a cleaning!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
11-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Ike,

I was preoccupied yesterday having too much fun with my Plotter making High Intensity 911 address signs...

Well, I think you are on the right track... Cleaning the machine including removing the bottom and cleaning the gears that transfer the up down from the crank to the far side. Sounds like the fine old growth dust has dried out the hand crank lubrication. A cleaning and some new light grease should help get it clicking. Careful with the WD-40 as it can give you finish problems on the board face.

I would crank the head up and down cleaning the jacking screw and smooth rails. I use the Chain Lube on the jacking screw and smooth rails. That fine sawdust has dried up your lubrication.

Now for board spitting or load board errors... It's the computer telling you that the roller switches are stuck.... Spitting out is a roller stuck as when the roller uncompresses that signals the computer to start looking for the board edge with the board detector. Load Board is a roller stuck in the uncompressed state or the head not cranked down.....

As long as you are at it... Load a board and using the Z Measurement touch the board in 3 places, I bet your head is not level..... This is caused by the screws holding the cross gear shaft under the machine skipping a few teeth when the lubrication dries out on the far side and the torque to move the head is too much for the cross gears....

You must remove one screw on the cross connector and adjust the head level with the crank then re install the screw.

That will give you something to chew on....

Good Luck.... Yes, I know that Machines get jealous when a new machine shows up in the shop.... :D

AL

Ike
11-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Ike,

I was preoccupied yesterday having too much fun with my Plotter making High Intensity 911 address signs...

Well, I think you are on the right track... Cleaning the machine including removing the bottom and cleaning the gears that transfer the up down from the crank to the far side. Sounds like the fine old growth dust has dried out the hand crank lubrication. A cleaning and some new light grease should help get it clicking. Careful with the WD-40 as it can give you finish problems on the board face.

I would crank the head up and down cleaning the jacking screw and smooth rails. I use the Chain Lube on the jacking screw and smooth rails. That fine sawdust has dried up your lubrication.

Now for board spitting or load board errors... It's the computer telling you that the roller switches are stuck.... Spitting out is a roller stuck as when the roller uncompresses that signals the computer to start looking for the board edge with the board detector. Load Board is a roller stuck in the uncompressed state or the head not cranked down.....

As long as you are at it... Load a board and using the Z Measurement touch the board in 3 places, I bet your head is not level..... This is caused by the screws holding the cross gear shaft under the machine skipping a few teeth when the lubrication dries out on the far side and the torque to move the head is too much for the cross gears....

You must remove one screw on the cross connector and adjust the head level with the crank then re install the screw.

That will give you something to chew on....

Good Luck.... Yes, I know that Machines get jealous when a new machine shows up in the shop.... :D

AL

Thank you Al you do still care! I don't have a clue what you said but you care! Just kidding with you! I will follow your instructions, first thing I did was removed the bottom and blew it out, checked the tie rod assembly and greased the gears with moly lube.

Next will be a good cleaning and checking the head!

Thanks again!

Ike

Ike
11-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I cleaned both machines really well and greased both machines check the head pressure and my CW has 76-78 lbs and the CC is at 68. I ran 2 four foot levels and cranked the head down and leveled my out feed tables. I did notice at one point 3 corners hit and one was about am 1/16th or so off. Both were like this so tomorrow I will level the head.

Then I am going for the 1 minute DC, but I need a new hole cutter big enough and I will look for a 11 inch floor tool.

Ike