PDA

View Full Version : Question about belt tracking

Shawn Gillies
05-25-2006, 04:05 PM
The sandpaper belt on the inboard end(keyboard end) seems to be riding up on the outside edge off the roller. I'm not sure if this is how it is supposed to be or if it has just begun to happen.
I will try to attach a picture

Shawn,

cmorlier
05-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi Shawn,

Give us a call. There is a quick remedy to the problem that we can walk you through, and we will probably also send you a replacement belt.

fireng2
12-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Could somebody tell me how to fix the belt tracking on the forum?

I have had the same problem.

Shawn Gillies
12-30-2006, 01:19 AM
Contact CarveWright regarding your problem. Now to get you running for now, here's what i have done (many times).
Take off the side panels and you will see a spring loaded onto a pin on the inside end of the belt tray, now with a screwdriver or a small pry bar compress the spring to take the tension off of the drive belt and try to place a block of wood to hold off the tension. I wedge the pry bar back with a block of wood and then do the same on the other end. Now the belt will be able to be rotated and pushed back over into the center of the roller. Now the edge of your belt will most likely be rolled under on the edge, i use a piece of welding rod hammered flat on the end and rolled over to pull the belt back out to level. You could try a coat hanger or a dental pick though but watch out for piercing holes in the belt. Roll the belt around as you pull out an inch or so at a time and you should be okay. The other way is to use a utility knife and just trim off an inch off the end of the belt....i have had to remove the whole belt drive plate to get it done but i have a way to do it much faster as i stated as the first option.
Good luck and i hope this holds you over for awhile.

Shawn Gillies

randygeorge
04-08-2007, 01:15 PM
I discovered an easier way to re-align the traction belt. Basically, use wood flat bar clamps positioned in the correct place and it makes it easy. I have pictures, but they are too big to upload. If you want them, let me know.