PDA

View Full Version : Can this be saved?

GLN
11-04-2009, 02:52 PM
I was on the second side of an oak leaf dish when I turned on another piece of equipment in the shop and blew a circuit breaker. When I reset and fired up the CC, it wants to start from the beginning on side one. I really do not want to remove the piece from the machine and lose any orientation I have already established being 48% thru the second side. Any solutions or am I sol...

Thanks, Gary

fwharris
11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I was on the second side of an oak leaf dish when I turned on another piece of equipment in the shop and blew a circuit breaker. When I reset and fired up the CC, it wants to start from the beginning on side one. I really do not want to remove the piece from the machine and lose any orientation I have already established being 48% thru the second side. Any solutions or am I sol...

Thanks, Gary

Gary,

Not SOL just SL!!!

You will need to modify your MPC and re save it with another name and re load to the card.

Modification would be to delete every thing on the first side since it is all done.
On the second side you will need to use the "rectangle tool" to place a rect. over the area that has been already carved. Leave the rect. just short of where it stopped. Assign a carve region to the rect. and set the depth to "0". This will blank out the already carved area.

save this to the card, load it up in the machine and start it up.

seabass
11-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Also, you can always just leave in the piece and start again from the beginning and it will just cut everything again, including the already cut area. This means extra time, but it will come out perfect. I just did this yesterday.

Of course the area that was cut twice came out better because of no fuzz etc.

Ike
11-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Gary,

Not SOL just SL!!!

You will need to modify your MPC and re save it with another name and re load to the card.

Modification would be to delete every thing on the first side since it is all done.
On the second side you will need to use the "rectangle tool" to place a rect. over the area that has been already carved. Leave the rect. just short of where it stopped. Assign a carve region to the rect. and set the depth to "0". This will blank out the already carved area.

save this to the card, load it up in the machine and start it up.

Mr. Harris I am so glad you came up with that ideal! It saves time! I will need to do that with my trout project I reset the depth around the lines like Michael said to do and now it just carved the trout and branches. It didn't carve the rocks or base.

Ike

fwharris
11-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Mr. Harris I am so glad you came up with that ideal! It saves time! I will need to do that with my trout project I reset the depth around the lines like Michael said to do and now it just carved the trout and branches. It didn't carve the rocks or base.

Ike

Ike,

I wish I could take claim to this method of recovering from a stopped carve but it was a tip/trick that I also learned on the forum. I bet there are very few that have not had to use it. I know I've had my share carves that stopped for one reason or another. The eagle clock was even one of them. Had it happen 2 times on it. One from hitting the stop button twice and a static zap from the shop vac hose.
After the second stop I did what Seabass said and let it run from the start.

GLN
11-04-2009, 09:39 PM
YEEAAA, thank you Floyd, just finished the carve using the directions you gave me and am now holding the saved dish in my hand waiting for finishing. This site ROCKS

Gary

fwharris
11-04-2009, 10:05 PM
YEEAAA, thank you Floyd, just finished the carve using the directions you gave me and am now holding the saved dish in my hand waiting for finishing. This site ROCKS

Gary

Gary,

You are very welcome!!

You have now added one of the "oh crap what do I do now" tricks to your list of accomplishments with the CW.

Hope to see some pictures real soon!!

mtylerfl
11-04-2009, 10:09 PM

Ike

Hello Ike,

I PM'd you already, but in case you haven't seen it yet...the project is a two-sided carve. It carves the backside first, and the rocks don't carve on the back (since the base is a flat bottom of course).

After you flip over the board and carve the front side, the rocks will be carved.;)

Ike
11-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Hello Ike,

I PM'd you already, but in case you haven't seen it yet...the project is a two-sided carve. It carves the backside first, and the rocks don't carve on the back (since the base is a flat bottom of course).

After you flip over the board and carve the front side, the rocks will be carved.;)

I feel real stupid now I guess if I read ALL the instructions I would have known the back side carved first! One more for the village idiot! :oops:

Ike