PDA

View Full Version : Problem with machine Cut time.

randygeorge
11-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I have been trying to contact support for months with no result. I explained to them my issue, they aske me to send them my files and they would get back to me. they still havent so I ask you guys.

Ever since the latest update, my cut times are WAY OFF!! example, i have standard sign projects that i run all of the time. they are the same thing cut over and over when i need them. when I first ran the project, i jotted down the times of each project. Now when i got to run the project, what used to take say 15 minutes, takes 30 - 40 minutes. Using centerline. Even when i create a new project, the software will say 20 minutes or so and it will take 50 - 60 minutes.

Help?

cnsranch
11-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Are you using 1.152 - if so, upgrade to 1.153.

I understand 1.52 has caused some problems.

BBrooks
11-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Check the user settings with the card in the machine. Perhaps your default quality setting has changed to best or optimal.
Cheers,

I have been trying to contact support for months with no result. I explained to them my issue, they aske me to send them my files and they would get back to me. they still havent so I ask you guys.

Ever since the latest update, my cut times are WAY OFF!! example, i have standard sign projects that i run all of the time. they are the same thing cut over and over when i need them. when I first ran the project, i jotted down the times of each project. Now when i got to run the project, what used to take say 15 minutes, takes 30 - 40 minutes. Using centerline. Even when i create a new project, the software will say 20 minutes or so and it will take 50 - 60 minutes.

Help?

Ike
11-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Check the user settings with the card in the machine. Perhaps your default quality setting has changed to best or optimal.
Cheers,

Like Bill has pointed out the settings can be change at the machine too. You can check it project through the flash manager to see what they are set at too.

Then when you start the project see what setting it is on. You may have made a project at a higher setting and then the machine is set at it now. I normally keep all my signs at normal due to time constraint and they come out fine. I am running a test now on the same project one at normal then again at best, then maybe optimal to see if I can tell a difference.

I still agree with Bill and think he is on the right track!

Ike

dbfletcher
11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Like Bill has pointed out the settings can be change at the machine too. You can check it project through the flash manager to see what they are set at too.

Then when you start the project see what setting it is on. You may have made a project at a higher setting and then the machine is set at it now. I normally keep all my signs at normal due to time constraint and they come out fine. I am running a test now on the same project one at normal then again at best, then maybe optimal to see if I can tell a difference.

I still agree with Bill and think he is on the right track!

Ike

At least on my two machines, if the sign is only centerline text, it never has any difference in the amount of time regardless of normal, best, or optimal settings. This seems to be true for me for any vector only projects.

Doug Fletcher

randygeorge
11-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Ok, I upgraded to 1.153 and a funny thing happened. Call it a coincidence, but the very second I went to start the job (I always measure the piece using the measure board funstion first) I got a tracking roller fault.

It turns out all of the sudden i have a few broken teeth on one of the gears!!

It's wierd because it was working fine up until the upgrade. oh well.

Does anyone know how to remove the gears on the backside of the machine?