PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Door Hanger

BBrooks
11-04-2009, 03:01 AM
I've carved 2 but not painted them yet. Check the cutpath, I think it is full depth, for thosse who like multiple passes.
FYI, I am no artist, this and the pumpkin are both clipart from Corel Draw. I suspect that would preclude folks from selling them. Just thought I would mention that so, Happy upcoming Thansgiving.
Cheers,

hogiewan
11-04-2009, 06:32 AM
this and the pumpkin are both clipart from Corel Draw. I suspect that would preclude folks from selling them.

Those clip art libraries are usually royalty-free, meaning you can use them for anything you would like

fwharris
11-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Bill,

Maybe no artist but looks great to me!!

William Blankenship
11-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I've carved 2 but not painted them yet. Check the cutpath, I think it is full depth, for thosse who like multiple passes.
FYI, I am no artist, this and the pumpkin are both clipart from Corel Draw. I suspect that would preclude folks from selling them. Just thought I would mention that so, Happy upcoming Thansgiving.
Cheers,

Good job!!

From what I gather, Corel doesn't have a problem with the selling of a product made with the clipart. I'm still waiting on a replay as to their legal definition of product. It certainly meets the main criteria that it is not a reselling of the clipart itself.

Bill....

seabass
11-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Clip art included with software has always been free to use in any way you want, at least the software I have ever had.

They use the definition of product as:

Something or anything manufactured or made

Meaning you can do anything and everything you want to do with the clipart.
99% of Clip art from software companies is Public Domain, others you pay for and once you do it is still able to be used in any way you want unless expressly forbidden..
\
Here is a place to get clip art you can be assured is safe to use:

http://www.openclipart.org/

BBrooks
11-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Clip art included with software has always been free to use in any way you want, at least the software I have ever had.

They use the definition of product as:

Something or anything manufactured or made

Meaning you can do anything and everything you want to do with the clipart.
99% of Clip art from software companies is Public Domain, others you pay for and once you do it is still able to be used in any way you want unless expressly forbidden..
\
Here is a place to get clip art you can be assured is safe to use:

http://www.openclipart.org/

Thanks for all the info guys. Carve away! :)

Ike
11-05-2009, 10:38 PM
I went through this and asked Corel about it too and all they gave me was the rules from the instruction books. So who knows?

Love the pattern I made one like it too.

BBrooks
11-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Here it is, painted and hung on the door.
cheers,

ajk
11-11-2009, 06:15 AM
that's beautiful. very good paint
hilda

Eagle Hollow
11-11-2009, 08:21 AM
I went through this and asked Corel about it too and all they gave me was the rules from the instruction books. So who knows?

Love the pattern I made one like it too.

Ike, Great pattern. It's going into my CC today. Thanks for sharing (this and so many others)!

Jerry