PDA

View Full Version : Wife's Birthday

c6craig
11-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi All,

Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and as she closes in on 40 she isn't real happy about it. I thought I would share a couple pics of the round jewelry box I made for her.

I put a piece of jewelry in it from her favorite jewelry store (for those of you that recognize that box LOL) and put a nice note in front. I put it by the coffee maker so she will wake up to it.

Nothing crazy, it's just the round shell box swapped out with a heart leaf pattern I bought from the CW store. I had to make a few extra rings so I could make it high enough to fit the jewelry box inside.

It isn't finished yet because it took more than I thought to get the cherry sanded down smooth. That didn't leave me enough time to put gel stain and poly and have them dry in time. Plus I didn't count on having to plane another cherry board to carve more rings. So I will just give it to her unfinished and once she pulls her prize out I will steal it back and put a proper finish on it. I will post pics once it's complete.

Thanks for looking.

Craig

Kenm810
11-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Really Nice Craig,

I'm sure she'll be Very Pleased! :smile:

Ike
11-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Very nice you sweet talker you!!! I wish my wife was 39 still I heck I wish I was 39!

Ike

andes
11-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Craig, that is very sweet gift.

Hi All,

Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and as she closes in on 40 she isn't real happy about it. I thought I would share a couple pics of the round jewelry box I made for her.

I put a piece of jewelry in it from her favorite jewelry store (for those of you that recognize that box LOL) and put a nice note in front. I put it by the coffee maker so she will wake up to it.

Nothing crazy, it's just the round shell box swapped out with a heart leaf pattern I bought from the CW store. I had to make a few extra rings so I could make it high enough to fit the jewelry box inside.

It isn't finished yet because it took more than I thought to get the cherry sanded down smooth. That didn't leave me enough time to put gel stain and poly and have them dry in time. Plus I didn't count on having to plane another cherry board to carve more rings. So I will just give it to her unfinished and once she pulls her prize out I will steal it back and put a proper finish on it. I will post pics once it's complete.

Thanks for looking.

Craig

c6craig
11-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Cripes, now that I see my post it sure makes me sound like a romantic.

Let me see here, what would make me look like the manly, prematurely aged and crotchety old man I really am??

"Well hell, it's just easier and cheaper in the long run to keep the daggum women happy. Plus I won't have to hear her complain for a day." :twisted:

LOL OH well, I can't pull it off. She's a great wife and I am lucky to have her.

Craig

dbfletcher
11-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Lol.. that is very nice indeed! I've never been married myself... but it seems most of my married friends have philosophys much like yours.... keep her happy and it keep you life easier!

Congrats and I'm sure she will love it. I know several "husbands" who still have trouble remember the birthday let alone go thru all the work to make sometime that will surely be very special for her.

Good job!

Doug Fletcher

STEAM
11-04-2009, 04:37 AM
That's a very nice creation Craig. I know she will love it. My wife would if I made something like that. It always means a lot to a woman when a man not only REMEMBERS her birthday but also takes the time to make her something she will cherish the rest of her life. And the jewelry is the REAL clincher. ;)
Great Job!!

ajk
11-04-2009, 06:59 AM
:oops:that's great. my birthday is soon i hope i find something like this. is very nice but i have few yeaRs more????. but i know that one of my kids is coming. GREAT WORK AS ALWAYS
HILDA

fwharris
11-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Craig,

Great job on the box and choice of wood!

Hey, no shame in being a romantic, that is why she married you!!! Well one of the reasons!!

William Blankenship
11-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for looking.

Craig

You did good man!! Thanks for sharing!!

Bill....

wasacop75
11-04-2009, 06:09 PM
See, now you will never be able to play the part of the gruff, no nonsense feller....
You let it all out there in that card...

Now you ruined it for the rest of us... We will have to be at least as good if not better.

Thanks a lot...

GrammaPam
11-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I second (or thrid or fourth) the motion. Great job, great thought.
If we can't always do everything right a few once in a while like this one keeps things rolling along.
G.P.

Icutone2
11-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Looks great Craig she will love it!
Lee

Wilbur
11-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Very nice!!!! Your wife will love it. It's nice to be romantic sometimes.

Dolores

c6craig
11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. She loved the gift, and is even willing to give me the box back this weekend so I can put a proper finish on it :)

Craig

RayTrek
11-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Craig,

Excellent workmanship and attitude I salute you with sharing, your love for your wife and you’re other love for carving.
Cheers ~ Ray