PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright Software Question

chkorte
11-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I have pretty much decided I am going to buy a CW machine so I am reading and working with the software to familiarize myself with it. I was reading in the software manual that a 3 button mouse is what is recommended to manipulate the program. Is anyone using a laptop with a touch pad to do thier designing? I have a nerve problem that makes it difficult to use my right hand to operate a mouse and I don't have good enough dexterity with my left to use a mouse with it. Am I going to have a problem with the design software using a laptop and a touch pad?

dbfletcher
11-03-2009, 09:50 PM
I have pretty much decided I am going to buy a CW machine so I am reading and working with the software to familiarize myself with it. I was reading in the software manual that a 3 button mouse is what is recommended to manipulate the program. Is anyone using a laptop with a touch pad to do thier designing? I have a nerve problem that makes it difficult to use my right hand to operate a mouse and I don't have good enough dexterity with my left to use a mouse with it. Am I going to have a problem with the design software using a laptop and a touch pad?

I dont think you will. I have used it on both a trackpad and a pointstick with little trouble. I'm just never a fan of trackpads... if my fingers get cold.. it never seems to sense me right.

Doug Fletcher

TerryT
11-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I use both and don't have any problems.

hess
11-03-2009, 10:33 PM

Heck I think Doc only has the use of one arm and he makes great stuff

now I have been wrong before

Jeff_Birt
11-04-2009, 08:14 AM
While a three button mouse can make certain operations easier there are keyboard short cuts that let you accomplish the same task with a combination of Shift, Ctrl and Alt and a mouse click. You can also use the Tool bar icons to switch into Pan, Zoom, Rotate modes as another method of accomplishing the same tasks.

ColdenGirl
11-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Thank You Jeff. We just got a carvewright and I installed the software tonight. Got a little nervous when I saw "left click mouse" and "right click mouse". We have a laptop with the touch pad. Figured I'd be able to find an answer in the forum. Have already found a lot of great tips. Looking forward to learning this new craft!

Jan.

TIMCOSBY
11-30-2009, 09:27 PM
has two buttons above the touch pad for left and right "mouse" clicks.

ColdenGirl
11-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Not on my mac. Good to know for future usage though. Thanks Timcosby.

maxcarvewright
12-04-2009, 12:47 PM
does anyone know if carvewright software will run on Windows 7 64bit OS ?

dbfletcher
12-04-2009, 12:56 PM
There are several onthe forum running with windows 7 64 bit. I know PCW is one member. There have been several thread on the forum that deal with that topic. Just search on "Windows 7" with the quotes and you should find several relavent threads.

Doug Fletcher

maxcarvewright
12-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh yes...if had searched before asking.Thanx !