PDA

View Full Version : Trout clock project....I need help please!

Ike
11-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I recently bought the trout clock project and today I attempted to upload the project and I keep getting an error that the connected lines are too deep to carve.

Another thing I noticed the board setting is 3/4 thick width 9.25 length 23.5 and in the instructions it is 1" thick 9.25 width and 30.5. I understand it is 30.5 is for the 7" longer for keeping it under the rollers.

My question is, should the board setting be set at the 1" 9.25" by 30.5" to upload the project? Then when carving it should be the same? But then I will need a 1" board? Because if I use a 3/4" board then the connection lines are set at .760 and that is deeper then the board and may cut into the machine belts?

So what is wrong and how do I fix it? Ok now I reseted the board to 1" and now it still won't load because of one of the circles. So what do I do use a 1.5' board?

Ike

Ike
11-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Well crud yes I did a search.... The problem seems to be the software I guess? So I guess it doesn't work with the latest software? UGH I WANT TO MAKE THIS PROJECT!!!! Sorry Lol I really don't want to go back to 1.131 just to make this project.

Please help me!

Ike

fwharris
11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Ike,

Give this a try,

delete the connected lines and just do an "outline" pattern tool and then the "cut path" tool.

Michael did that project a long time ago and I do not recall the actual reason for the cut out being the connectied lines but I think it was do to some of the cut out issues. I COULD BE WRONG ON THAT ONE!! Set each pattern depth at just under 1/2 the board thickness. I believe I used 0.320 depth.

You do not have to use 1" wood. All of mine have been on 3/4" with not problems.

Ike
11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Thank you I did change it to 5/8" and it loaded up, so I don't know!

Ike

Ike
11-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I also tried removing the connection lines and outlined the patterns and then set a cut out and it loaded with the jig box warning. I didn't get it with reseting the connection lines to 5/8"?

Geez I am not sure what to do I don't want to mess up the machine.

Ike

fwharris
11-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Thank you I did change it to 5/8" and it loaded up, so I don't know!

Ike

did you just change the board thickness and nothing else?

Ike
11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
did you just change the board thickness and nothing else?

No I left the board at 3/4" and changed the connection lines from .760 to 5/8" and it loaded. So I have both loaded and kept both board setting at 3/4" thick.

Ike

fwharris
11-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Ike,

I am thinking you should be good with either one. The jog warning should be ok if you did the ignore before load up. I should have been for the cutout on the left side being close to the end of the board. As long as your actual board is 7" longer you will be good to go.

The original mpc Michael put in manual tabs with a full cut through, that is why they were set at that depth.

Ike
11-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Thank you FW, I am trying to get things made for a craft fair so today is uploading I hope my new CC will be here soon I need both machines running with how long each project takes to make!

Ike

Deolman
11-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Ike, I had a problem similar to what you are experiencing and as recall I was told by Alex to just make the board thicker in Designer, but use a board the same thickness the instructions said to use.

Ike
11-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Ike, I had a problem similar to what you are experiencing and as recall I was told by Alex to just make the board thicker in Designer, but use a board the same thickness the instructions said to use.

Tried that and all it did was caused a circle set at 1/4" to be too deep. I was informed there is a updated version so I am waiting to hear back on it and try again!

Thank you though!
Ike

Lin
11-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Ike, Michael hasn't stepped in to say anything yet so if I were you I would shoot him and e-mail and explain the issues you are having with the old MPC trout file and I'm sure he can and will help you with a work around for it. He has always helped me anytime I have ran into any issues with any of his files.
Lin

Ike
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks Lin he is, that is where I got the info . He help me get it working. Thank you to all who have helped!

Ike

Ike
11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Well crum bum! I reset the depth to .75 around the trouts and the branches and they were the only thing to carve! I asked Michael, but he is going on a trip. I will figure this out!

Ike

seabass
11-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Well crud yes I did a search.... The problem seems to be the software I guess? So I guess it doesn't work with the latest software? UGH I WANT TO MAKE THIS PROJECT!!!! Sorry Lol I really don't want to go back to 1.131 just to make this project.

Please help me!

Ike

I would think ANYTHING purchased at CarveWright should be compatible with the new software as is. If it is not there should be directions on how to fix it.

Every pattern listed to purchase needs to be modified to work with the current software by LHR or whoever is selling the design, it only makes sense.

At the very least a mention that this or that pattern only works with certain software.

seabass
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
If money was not a concern I would have purchased a Shopbot, hehe :D

Ike
11-04-2009, 06:32 PM
If money was not a concern I would have purchased a Shopbot, hehe :D

Well all the projects are suppose to be upgraded I must of downloaded an older version? I am not worried it will be fixed!

I did have a new 4896 Shopbot that sat in my shop just the frame put together for almost a year. Then I sold it for $200.00 more then I paid for it! SB raised their prices almost $3000.00 I even have a K2 CNC a smaller one 25" by 14" table I paid $4000.00 with the software that is sitting on a bench never used in the shop!

I guess you can say I like the CW/CC! This is a great machine and does everything I need it to do! I do wish at times I still had the SB, but I wouldn't have my soda wagon if I didn't sell it!

Ike

seabass
11-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Want to sell it?

Ike
11-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Want to sell it?

Sell the K2? yes and no I hate to see it sit there and not be used and on the other hand I am not going to give it away either! I have V Carve Pro and Photo V Carve that goes with it. Plus I went with the servo motor over the stepper.http://www.k2cnc.com/shop/proddetail.asp?prod=KT-2514S-09&cat=26

Anyway if you are interested give me a PM and offer me a price!

Ike

Ike
11-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Well crum bum! I reset the depth to .75 around the trouts and the branches and they were the only thing to carve! I asked Michael, but he is going on a trip. I will figure this out!

Ike

Ok the village idiot strikes again! That is me if I read ALL of the instructions I would have known that the back was carved first and the rocks are not 3D! :oops:

Ike