PDA

View Full Version : Looking for parts

hess
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey all I recently got a unit from sear that has a totaled base was just wonder it anyone has a dead unit they may want to sell the base. This is not normally a part that breaks. Now Sears may fix it and if not I im going to ask to sell it to me for parts if they replace it

swhitney
11-02-2009, 05:30 PM
i am in need of a "controller pcb" it you have one to sell......

Ike
11-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Hess, that is a good ideal I have a good base and I know to rebuild it is over $750.00. The good thing at the very least you should be able to return it for a refund. I still wonder how it has 13 hours on the cut motor?

Good lesson learned here now you have me worried I hope to heck mine was not a display! I don't see any reason why they would tell me a fib!

Ike

hess
11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Hess, that is a good ideal I have a good base and I know to rebuild it is over $750.00. The good thing at the very least you should be able to return it for a refund. I still wonder how it has 13 hours on the cut motor?

Good lesson learned here now you have me worried I hope to heck mine was not a display! I don't see any reason why they would tell me a fib!

Ike

Is your base for sale?

I really think they will fix it and if not hate to let them give me what I paid cause with a base it will be worth more

Ike
11-02-2009, 10:51 PM
No, I have had one rebuilt so I know the cost I may need it one day! I know why did I mention it? Just because I am familiar with the cost and what goes in it!

Ike

hess
11-03-2009, 06:44 AM
No, I have had one rebuilt so I know the cost I may need it one day! I know why did I mention it? Just because I am familiar with the cost and what goes in it!

Ike No problem so they must crack will they said as long as the repair did not ex cede the cost of a unit they would repair it so 750 is still under a refurbish which I would think they will check it all out

u know mayo we could sart a CW/cc salvage parts biz lots of $ in parts these days ! lol

A few midnight raids to ALs would give us a good start lol

Icutone2
11-03-2009, 07:11 AM
My 2nd unit had a broken base also. I Super glued it back in place, was able to get .007 level from side to side. That was around 6 months and 120 hours ago. Don't want to curse the machine, not braging but it worked for me.
Lee

Ike
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
My 2nd unit had a broken base also. I Super glued it back in place, was able to get .007 level from side to side. That was around 6 months and 120 hours ago. Don't want to curse the machine, not braging but it worked for me.
Lee

Lee, how many times was it sent in for repair? Mine was broke during travel in my shop at least that is my theory. Now anytime I travel with it I well pack it. Plus I sent this machine for repair 3 times so I am sure between the two it didn't help!

I guess this is suppose to be a stationary machine! Can't help if it needs to travel! We are all learning including LHR! I still love the machine if not I wouldn't be buying my 4th machine!

No I will only have 2 working one CW one CC ( when I get it!) First machine is a part machine 2nd I sold to Al and yes it was working and still is I think? I sold it to Al because I felt sorry for the poor guy!!

Plus I had to sell it to buy a new CW! The boss (wife) told me that was what I had to do! I wanted to try the actual CW she was a bit leery because of the issues I had with the other 2 CC. But from learning how to use the machines and the software updates I have no worries at all about my new CC on it's way or my CW!

Hess I thought about that opening a used part store, I thought Al would have by now! If I could find more deals like you found I might start one! I bet the wife would love that!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Ike.... your too funny..... today I dropped $650.00 on a new printer as a backup to my Epson R1800 Sublimation Printer... Got a nibble from a Fire Dept EMA wanting almost $5K in Fire Tags for a whole County... Need to get a backup fast just in case.... Plus this printer has over $800.00 in Ink with it that I need.... Printer and INK new.... about $3K

I was interested in the parts posts... Can't have everything.... I believe there will be lots of swapping and selling of the machines as more people get comfortable with the machine and see it's Versatility...

If I get this Tag order, I will cut the over 500 tags from sheet stock on my CW with the Grommet hole saving me time drilling the pre cut tags. Plus the pre cut tags are more expensive...

And Yes, Ike's Machine worked fine when I got it... Then I started stealing parts to keep the other 2 machines working.... Then the fine redwood dust picked up my Humidity and the Y Bearings are frozen.... A Good Cleaning and replacing all the stolen parts and away it will GO.....

HessTx, Good Luck with the parts for your machine.

AL:mrgreen:

hess
11-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Lee
this one only had a 2 inch hole in itwhere the rod pushed the bearing all the way out Oh CA was my 1st thought!!!

hess
11-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Ike.... your too funny..... today I dropped $650.00 on a new printer as a backup to my Epson R1800 Sublimation Printer... Got a nibble from a Fire Dept EMA wanting almost $5K in Fire Tags for a whole County... Need to get a backup fast just in case.... Plus this printer has over $800.00 in Ink with it that I need.... Printer and INK new.... about $3K

I was interested in the parts posts... Can't have everything.... I believe there will be lots of swapping and selling of the machines as more people get comfortable with the machine and see it's Versatility...

If I get this Tag order, I will cut the over 500 tags from sheet stock on my CW with the Grommet hole saving me time drilling the pre cut tags. Plus the pre cut tags are more expensive...

And Yes, Ike's Machine worked fine when I got it... Then I started stealing parts to keep the other 2 machines working.... Then the fine redwood dust picked up my Humidity and the Y Bearings are frozen.... A Good Cleaning and replacing all the stolen parts and away it will GO.....

HessTx, Good Luck with the parts for your machine.

AL:mrgreen:

Thanks Al

I took it in today they said they would repair or give me a new one.. Thought new for 4.40 why would I ever want to do that lol. Fact is if they dont repair it I m going to see if I can buy it back for parts?