PDA

View Full Version : Quick Litho Question

Griz64
11-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Hey folks, I am about to try my first litho and have a quick question that the tips and tricks does not cover. In the board settings do I set the thickness as.250 which is the thickness of the corian or .750 which is the thickness of the sled?

dbfletcher
11-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Hey folks, I am about to try my first litho and have a quick question that the tips and tricks does not cover. In the board settings do I set the thickness as.250 which is the thickness of the corian or .750 which is the thickness of the sled?

Well, I am certainly not authoritative, but I can't think of any reason why you would ever include the sled thickness in you designer project. I dont recall which version (1.134?) that first allowed you to do cutout on sleds... but like I said, I cant see why you would ever want to include the sled thickness.

Doug Fletcher

Griz64
11-02-2009, 03:08 AM
You know what Mr Fletcher? That makes perfect sense. After giving this a little more thought I came up with this little gem. It doesnt make any difference really because I will not be cutting below the .250 mark on my litho. My depth will be no more than .180 at any point therefore anything over that weather it is .250 or .750 will simply be ignored. Thank you again for your rapid response and pointing out that the sled should not be included.

hess
11-02-2009, 04:14 AM

Hey Griz
I made a sled out of .75 X17 X 11 with a 10 X 10 x.250 center and cutout most of my liths are 10 x10 or 8 x 8 I than place the plate in the cutout and tape in place. I designer I set my depth for the carve at .085 to .125 depending what I want if you set it for the normal carve of .25 it may go though the litho

The .085 gives me a sl cut that you really cant make it out until the light it on the .125 will show the carve with the light on or off

Now once in a while I invert the carve you have to watch as invert will invert the cut line all so and you may cut though

at the depths I use there is not sounds of stress or slowing of the cut motor and it gives a fine cut even on normal
I dont even mess with optimal for litho as best seems just great

I dont add for the sled it just see it as the board

Use a good dust hood or clean very well even better do both with RNs hood I get very small amount of dust left

check out my site there are some litho on there