PDA

View Full Version : load board

ditchdoc
05-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I can't figure out what's happening. I completed two projects today and when I started a third, I got to the load piece propmpt. I loaded the board and pressed enter. Nothing. I reloaded the board--still nothing. Turned machine off and started over. Same thing. I've tried different boards. Stay under rollers Y or N? Tried both. Still nothing. So...anyone have any ideas? :?

pkunk
05-24-2006, 09:56 PM
I can't figure out what's happening. I completed two projects today and when I started a third, I got to the load piece propmpt. I loaded the board and pressed enter. Nothing. I reloaded the board--still nothing. Turned machine off and started over. Same thing. I've tried different boards. Stay under rollers Y or N? Tried both. Still nothing. So...anyone have any ideas? :?
Maybe a software/firmware glitch. Try reuploading your project to the card and start fresh. Do you have the latest software upgrade?

Dan-Woodman
05-24-2006, 10:05 PM
ditchdoc
When it promps you to load a board, crank the hand until it clicks , open door and with hand push down on carriage while cranking a little more. You should get a reading " push enter to continue".
sometimes it doesn't get enough tention on the rollers.

cmorlier
05-25-2006, 10:58 AM
I think Dan is on the right track. When you have loaded the board, does the second line of the display say, "Press ENTER To Proceed"? If not, the the rollers have not signalled that the board is loaded. You might try pushing down on the head a little as you crank it down.

ditchdoc
05-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Adding a little pressure on the down-crank did the trick. Thanks to all who responded.

cmorlier
05-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Good I am glad that worked for you.

One possible cause for the compression getting worse, is if the center screw on the crank has lossened up. I am not talking abouth the one that hold the handle to the crank. I mean the screw that attaches the whole crank assembly to the machine. If this screw works its way loose, it can reduce the clutch force. You might try tightening it.

If the screw doesn't seem to help, and you find that the compression is getting worse, give us a call so we can resolve the problem for you.

cmorlier
05-30-2006, 02:52 PM
You can also try regreasing the vertical rails and lead screws used for raising the head up and down.

ditchdoc
05-31-2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks, I'll check both of those.

Dan-Woodman
05-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Britt
Whats the best thing to grease the rails and gears with , also the flex shaft? I 've been using white lithiam grease in a spay can for the flex shaft, but it does'nt seam to be thick enough. Would wheel bearing grease be to thick?
Thanks to everyone at cw, I just ran a project 2hrs. 35min. with no errors at all.

cmorlier
05-31-2006, 03:52 PM
We use a non-spray white lithium grease on the flex shaft, vertical rails, and lead screws. We just put a thin layer on the flex shaft and vertical rails with (clean) fingers or a (clean) cloth. On the lead screws, just put a small glob on the screw near the nut on the head, and the crank it up and down a few times to work it in.