PDA

View Full Version : just ordered machine, can I register trial b4 machine arrives

jgowrie
10-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Hello,

I just ordered my carvewright machine using the halloween promo. I downloaded the trial software a few years back and already used up the 30 day period. Does anyone know if it's possible to register the software prior to having the machine arrive at my door? I didn't see a registration code in my email confirmation after placing my order.

Thx

John

dbfletcher
10-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Hello,

I just ordered my carvewright machine using the halloween promo. I downloaded the trial software a few years back and already used up the 30 day period. Does anyone know if it's possible to register the software prior to having the machine arrive at my door? I didn't see a registration code in my email confirmation after placing my order.

Thx

John

I dont think you'll be able to do that becuase you would need to know the serial number of the machine that is being shipped to you. Perhaps if you call LHR though, they can extend you current install for 30 more days? Can't hurt to ask.

Doug Fletcher

jgowrie
10-31-2009, 01:38 PM
I just downloaded the trial again and maybe it's a newer version that the last time I downloaded the software so it's working in demo mode! I'm so excited to work out a few projects so when the machine gets here I'll be ready to put it to work :D

seabass
10-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Go purchase some moly and get that flex cable ready before you use the machine.

Ike
10-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Hello,

Thx

John

John you are in for a ride of your life! Yes read up on all the issues that need attention. Like seabass pointed out moly lube for the flex cable is one. I bought mine from Napa Auto parts it is called Moly 357 I think and no just any lube will work.

Plus look into a dust collector system, you have several ways to go. FWharris has a unit you can buy, askbud has a project you can buy Kenm has a fantastic method he is always willing to share and the list goes on and on. This keeps the machine going and clean.

Then read up on the little tricks like using the keypad to stop the operation during a carve rather then just opening the cover. I believe by opening the cover it shorts out the cover switch and gives you errors.

Then as you are doing learn the designer it is the greatest most user friendly software I have used! But there are tricks to making really great results. Check out Liquid Guitar's instruments all made with the CW. Even though the designer is the only software you need for a project (plus LHR offers some great others!) You can use Corel, Google and more to design and import projects!

Then a must in my book is buying the centerline software again with other CNC their ability is limited to converting fonts to v- carve or centerline with this one you can convert ALL the fonts you own!

There will be some trial and error, but once you get it down you are going to love this thing and we are here for addiction support! But we encourage more rather than breaking the addiction!

Ike

Deolman
10-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Don't forget the "Tips and Tricks". There are now 25 of them and a wealth of information in each. You can find them under "Support" on Carvewright's main web page. Keep real close to the forum here, it will assist you when you become an addicted carvaholic.

jgowrie
11-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Don't forget the "Tips and Tricks". There are now 25 of them and a wealth of information in each. You can find them under "Support" on Carvewright's main web page. Keep real close to the forum here, it will assist you when you become an addicted carvaholic.

ha, yeah I get the feeling I may actually end up sitting around the forum instead of working in the shop like I'm supposed to be :) At least now, the carvewright will provide me with the labor I used to have to do by hand so I guess it's O.K. to slip in and peruse the forums a bit

hess
11-07-2009, 10:14 AM
John you are in for a ride of your life! Yes read up on all the issues that need attention. Like seabass pointed out moly lube for the flex cable is one. I bought mine from Napa Auto parts it is called Moly 357 I think and no just any lube will work.

Plus look into a dust collector system, you have several ways to go. FWharris has a unit you can buy, askbud has a project you can buy Kenm has a fantastic method he is always willing to share and the list goes on and on. This keeps the machine going and clean.

Then read up on the little tricks like using the keypad to stop the operation during a carve rather then just opening the cover. I believe by opening the cover it shorts out the cover switch and gives you errors.

Then as you are doing learn the designer it is the greatest most user friendly software I have used! But there are tricks to making really great results. Check out Liquid Guitar's instruments all made with the CW. Even though the designer is the only software you need for a project (plus LHR offers some great others!) You can use Corel, Google and more to design and import projects!

Then a must in my book is buying the centerline software again with other CNC their ability is limited to converting fonts to v- carve or centerline with this one you can convert ALL the fonts you own!

There will be some trial and error, but once you get it down you are going to love this thing and we are here for addiction support! But we encourage more rather than breaking the addiction!

Ike

Ike you forgot the most important part the little guy they stick in the units who hides out over here. called AL

Al knows more about these units than most of us do our S.O.s

just ask him to show you all the pics he has of modal in deferent stages of undress he must have undressed many. You AL you are the man

Ike
11-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Ike you forgot the most important part the little guy they stick in the units who hides out over here. called AL

Al knows more about these units than most of us do our S.O.s

just ask him to show you all the pics he has of modal in deferent stages of undress he must have undressed many. You AL you are the man

So true and also Ken and Floyd and Doc and the list goes on and on!!

Ike

jgowrie
11-07-2009, 08:48 PM

Ike
Ike,

Thanks for the tip on where to get the Moly. So far I have been met with cross-eyed stares when I asked if they sold chain lube with Moly. I will check out a few auto part stores tomorrow.

Oh, and I just bought the unit with the complete package - centerline, bit set and probe - so I've got it all ;)

hess
11-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Ike,

Thanks for the tip on where to get the Moly. So far I have been met with cross-eyed stares when I asked if they sold chain lube with Moly. I will check out a few auto part stores tomorrow.

Oh, and I just bought the unit with the complete package - centerline, bit set and probe - so I've got it all ;)

Moloy in is most motorcycle shops in the form of chain lube. That mean Jap stores for most of us Harley has a belt Ask for the stuff that will not fly off that will have moly in it the other stuff just flys up and leave an oil mark on you back